Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave works

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Yeah it looks like I'll have to now. Nothing whatsoever out of it. I have tried in various places around the house over the last couple of days.

My only hope is to leach off my friends Breeze Home (100m away from me) which means time to learn how to make Pringle can antennae.

Eircom of course will not tell me why my line fails either. I was chatting to someone in Comreg the other day who sounded like they were in despair also about the fact they have no regulatory powers over Eircom it seems. "Theres nothing we can do".

Encouraging it is not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Im sorry to hear that dude, its a shame. Yep doesnt seem like any1 has any power over eircom, bunch of feckers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Oh Dear things are not looking good for me

have a read

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=199903

So is it safe to say that i should avoide ripwave like the plague? I am up at the top floor of a 4 story block, but still...i have no intention of putting the thing outside :(.

u mite be lucky if ur high up, ur best bet is to get it and see, they refunded me promptly when it didnt work, so you have nothing to lose in trying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I took the gamble to get it after reading the posts here. Happy with it so far. I feel sorry for you guys who are having problems with Ripwave

• Advertisement

Its one of those things that u have to rtry to see if it works, there doesnt seem to be any hard and fast rules as to where it will work correctly, it seems a lot down to location and luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Well, Have a read here for an updated on the situation, id apreciate any comments/help

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=199903&highlight=Samba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I had problems with it until I updated my version of Windows XP to SP2, and installed a virus scanner. Now it's running fine.

Advertisement