Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband - Should I go for it?

• 22-10-2004 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Everyone, if you have experience of UTV and you live in Dublin, would you mind voting on the poll? Thanks for this, Will.

Is UTV a good broadband service provider? 3 votes

Who knows
    0% 0 votes
    I know
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

william wrote:
    Everyone, if you have experience of UTV and you live in Dublin, would you mind voting on the poll? Thanks for this, Will.

gr8 poll.....any more ya wanna run? :lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I don't live in Dublin, but i have Utv broadband. I think its a very good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The poll has been closed, because they're useless for this sort of thing. I'll leave the thread open for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Ireland is made up of much more than just Dublin you know. I use UTV Clicksilver and UTV Talk telephony, and my answer is "Why hesitate" ?.. I am more than happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Thanks folks for the feedback. Pity about the poll though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Unless you're big into online games, sure, go with UTV. They're fine for regular web browsing, downloading stuff etc, but ping times aren't great, which makes them less than ideal for games. (Have UTV at home and IOLBB in student flat at college.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

I use UTV for calls and broadband - no problems.

They are not Eircom, which is reason enough to switch to them IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

only reason not to get it is if you can get NTL or are within a good range of Irish Broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Stephen wrote:
    Unless you're big into online games, sure, go with UTV. They're fine for regular web browsing, downloading stuff etc, but ping times aren't great, which makes them less than ideal for games. (Have UTV at home and IOLBB in student flat at college.)

If you're playing on servers outside of Ireland, UTV give pings totally equal to eircom.net or iol dsl. The problem is that UTV isn't connected into the INEX unlike eircom or iol, so any traffic heading to an irish server has to bounce over to london and back which adds about 10ms.

Advertisement