Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PLANET OF THE APES coming soon!

• 09-06-2001 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Oh I can't wait to see that film biggrin.gif It looks the best!!! Hobbes ya know the way you live in america and all the films come out a few weeks then here..Could you go and watch that film then give us report on it smile.gif please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It's just not the same without Troy McClure wink.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    ~~ Oh my god!! I was wrong! / It was earth ... all along ! / Now you finally made a monkey... ~~ ... ~~ Yes we finally made a monkey!! .. ~~ ... ~~ Oh you finally made a monkey out of meeeee!! ~~

I love you Doctor Zaeus!
    </font>

*sigh*... class stuff

--

Aside ... I am looking forward to it - and will definitely go see it as soon as it's out. Should be good craic.

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

sounds good but august is so far away.... the original was a classic but the sequels sucked

PHat Ass Burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Tim Burton. Monkeys. What else do ya need ?

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by plastic membrane:
    Tim Burton. Monkeys. What else do ya need ?

</font>

Tim Burton doing "Batman: The Dark Knight" would be nice, but it's just not on the cards, is it?

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I have the trailer and it looks ok, but theres always the risk that its toeing the now standard Hollywood line of focusing on the effects first and then getting some trained monkeys to write the plot.

Hold on, a film about monkeys....by monkeys... smile.gif

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Nah, Daren Aronofsky's(Pi, Requim For A Dream)is doing that, from what's been told.

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

WHAT ABOUT THE DRAINS IN HACKNEY ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Helena Bonham Carter is in it (Drooolllll!!) but I think she may be in a Monkey suit, that could have a damaging effect on my mind (I could get strange urges to go to Dublin Zoo in a trench coat).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    Tim Burton doing "Batman: The Dark Knight" would be nice, but it's just not on the cards, is it?

</font>

We Hope and dream, but unfortunately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I heard a while ago that they changed the ending of the film for this release ... In the original film the ending was pretty much the reason for the film. I can't see it being very good without Charlton Heston though. Have to wait and see.

http://clans.quake.ie/osiris
    Fragnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 spag

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OSiriS:
    I heard a while ago that they changed the ending of the film for this release
    </font>

I heard this too. apparently the planet of the apes in this movie is an actual planet of the apes, not earth in the future....bit of a radical change ,if it's true.....but hey!, burton can do NO wrong!

She's a waitress, and she's got style
    Sunday bathtime will take a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i've just seen the trailer for it and it looks fúckin wicked. the second trailer is the best

get it here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/planet_of_the_apes/

adnans

Advertisement