Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most impressive Flash website

Options
  • 22-10-2004 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I’m trying very hard to create something like this!!!!
    Is any body out there knows how the hell they do that???
    Dynamic Factory :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

The templates you mean?

You do that with a lot of practice and a good head for both coding and design, and there are better examples out there, just look through the styleboost archives, or one of the other links sites.

Though they look good, in my opinion they are a little bit over the top in terms of trickery, navigation-wise. It all looks impressive to someone who's used to the web, and used to flash sites, but a lot of users will be dazzled by the gimmickry and have trouble finding the information they want.

The templates themself look cheap enough for the work that has gone into them, but presumably you'll have to organise the database and/or flash communication server (i didn't read the details) yourself. There's also the fact that your site will be very similar to someone else who has purchased the same template, though I'd imagine they would be rare enough. If you were using the template to sell your wares as a designer, you would essentially be trading on false pretenses because as soon as a client asks you to implement anything that the templates don't cater for, you're in a fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deep_end

impr0v wrote:
    The templates you mean?

You do that with a lot of practice and a good head for both coding and design, and there are better examples out there, just look through the styleboost archives, or one of the other links sites.

Though they look good, in my opinion they are a little bit over the top in terms of trickery, navigation-wise. It all looks impressive to someone who's used to the web, and used to flash sites, but a lot of users will be dazzled by the gimmickry and have trouble finding the information they want.

The templates themself look cheap enough for the work that has gone into them, but presumably you'll have to organise the database and/or flash communication server (i didn't read the details) yourself. There's also the fact that your site will be very similar to someone else who has purchased the same template, though I'd imagine they would be rare enough. If you were using the template to sell your wares as a designer, you would essentially be trading on false pretenses because as soon as a client asks you to implement anything that the templates don't cater for, you're in a fix.
    I would say they come from another planet, for me it's wonderful to see such hard work! And more importantly is the talent and commitment

Advertisement