Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mouse and Headphones ?

Options
  • 23-10-2004 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Which ones , how much and where to buy ?

headphones broke and mouse could do with a change , but the mx510 is 60 euro in pc world and the plantronics audio 60's are 45 euro , not that up on the prices but i thought i could get something for less than that .

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 t.R.I.P.p

If you need a headphones buy Sony. They are the best. And the mouse. I use Mx510. I think that 60 euro is quite good price for it. I know that steelpad sell now mouse+their pad for 79euro.

https://www.steelpad.com/shop/default.asp?main=products

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

for headphones anything from sennheiser or plantronics are good, i have the plantronics audio 90's and they are the most comfortable headphones ever.

as for the mouse i've never used logitech but atm i'm using a microsoft explorer v3.0 and it fits my hand lilke a nice fitting glove.

as for a mouse mat if you're serious about games the steelpad or func1030 are great pads.

be warned though this stuff ain't gonna come cheap

*edit the pro package here is a great start*

https://www.steelpad.com/shop/default.asp?main=products

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

iv been looking at the medusa 5.1 headphones with mic..
    looks intersting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well there isnt much point in buying the most expensive headphones you can find if your soundcard isnt up to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

maplins have sennheiser hd447s for €30 at the moment.

extremely comfortable, but the bass is a bit much (or maybe i'm just used to my tinny old logitech headset)
    and they have no mic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Go for plantronics audio 90 headphones,they are superb.
    I have a logitech mx 500 and microsoft intellimouse 2 both are superb but the mocrosoft one just seems that little bit more sensitive for shooting games which i know your into Jonski :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks for the replies guys , have been looking at the plantronics and either the mx510 or the intelli 2 .

Must have had my head in the sand for the last few months as the prices of both took me by surprise when I went to check them in PC World , which seems to be my only option here in Limerick .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

If you have a credit card, or know someone who'll let you use theirs, you could probably get that stuff for half the price online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

went with the plantronics audio 60 for 25 quid in pc world , still undecided about the mouse , my own ain't quiet gone yet so I'm in no rush to pay 55 quid for a new one .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Komplett do the mx510 for €40 + €10 p+p. Alienware.ie do the fUnc mats for €11 (€14.76 incl. delivery).

I know because I'm buying one of each tonight. Time to retire the Logitech Optical + €2 Peats mat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement