Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NaNoWriMo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Ah. Crazy bastard. I'm multi tasking...ie MSNing and writing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I've tried that before with non NaNoWriMo endeavours. Always ends badly. I'm waay too easily distracted.

Yeah, that's the differnce between us. I have really good concentr...Ooooh! Shiny *wanders off*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yeah, Aonghus, sort of. It's the Cecil Day Lewis whatchamacallit. I'm entering about three stories and a one-act play. Assuming my english teacher doesn't make me rewrite them, because her deadline is on monday and I'm not going to be physically able to do it all again, cause I've got music practice and a new punchbag and I've got my work experience and I'm panicking.
    <starts hyperventilating>

Well, seeing as I only found out about NaNoWriMo yesterday (I've been offline for a while) doubt I'll be able to make it up. The word count in my longest novel draft is <consults word document in background> 13,770, although total wordage if I include the rewrites, other drafts, discarded ideas and such, is probably around 50,000. Since sixth class. Maybe next year.

This is kinda related, but if anyone hasn't broken their keyboard, or isn't suffering from permanent caffeine-induced twitching at the end of this month, if you're interested in science-fiction check out the James White Award (www.jameswhiteaward.com).

The word "short story" is like music to my uh.. eyes. Maximum 4k words? Ahh the careless days of not having 50k looming over your head. As in last week.

• Advertisement

Right, after NaNo, and the one act play thing in december, i might try that ^^;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

I'm on 7000 and something...

And all my Christmas tests are in the last week of November! :D

Just keep telling yourself that you'll have a novel...just keep telling yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I'm only on about 3.5k, I should really get my act together...but I'm lazy.

*relaxes*
    Ah, to be in 3rd year and without christmas exams.
    Wait, I am!
    Huzzah.
    *relaxes some more*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh. Third year. I remeber that. It sucked ass. Enjoy. :)

On a side note, bow before me. I'm on about twelve hundred. :p

• Advertisement

...Damn you Franklin

Well..I'm in 5th year, and have a show on the 1st 4 days of december

It's not so bad. You can't make me jealous!

Heh.
    *Stretches out, kicks back, and enjoys the next ten months*

Way ahead of you.

Girl meets guy. Guy lies to . DESTROYS UNIVERSE.

This actually has potential. But then again, when I was ten, I started a novel and Australia got destroyed in the prologue.

What playwright thing in December are you refering to, Aonghus?

Oh, by the way Dave, I agree totally. <collapses on couch beside Dave and stays there until I have to drag myself away to make some convenience food>

Young Playwright competition, organised by St Andrews. I have a poster, poke me next time your on AIM and I'll give you mroe details

Yeah, I had a theory once that if you didn't use any energy at all, you wouldn't need to eat, so I just lay in bed for a few days and didn't move. I really don't recommend it, though it is a really cheap way to hallucinate. In short, why bother getting up to eat when you can just sit there and drift...

Raphael wrote:
    Young Playwright competition, organised by St Andrews. I have a poster, poke me next time your on AIM and I'll give you mroe details

Um, yeah, AIM...

Is there a website or something? Or just PM me the details.

Nope, I heard abouts it through school

Oh, and I've given up on NaNo. I have a show at the start of december, so I can't keep up such a hectic writing pace. Oh well, it's gotten me writing, that was all I wanted

Whee!

I've just given up. Who needs an excuse! :p Meh, it was ****e anyway and it wasn't getting any better.

• Advertisement

I've gone too far to give up... like violin, and internet. Once you get to a certain point, there's no going back.

(Watch me burning the half completed book in 2 weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Raphael wrote:
    Nope, I heard abouts it through school

Oh, and I've given up on NaNo. I have a show at the start of december, so I can't keep up such a hectic writing pace. Oh well, it's gotten me writing, that was all I wanted

Whee!

so much for that novel so......

No, I fully intend on writing it. Just not at a 50k/month rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

My christmas tests are the last week of November...

*much frothing at mouth*

You are a madwoman!

Top marks to PurpleFistMixer for keeping up NaNoWriMo.

Do I get extra points now that I've finished?

'Fraid not. "You cannot award marks for the same post twice." and "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to PurpleFistMixer again."

Can I get free rep? No crap from you this time Aonghus!

• Advertisement

There's a whole thread in the Cuckoo's Nest devoted to free rep. How else would I have gotten a glowie greenie?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement