Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minor wmp annoyance

• 23-10-2004 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

lo

i ripped a cd in windows media player the order day and the way it was naming the files annoyed me so i deleted the stuff and ripped it in itunes instead.

which i heard doesn't have a great mp3 encoder but does save a lot of hassle for me with mp3 tags.

anyway the problem know is that everytime i open wmp it brings up a folder again of the ripped disc on the desktop where i ripped it to and there is nothing in it. i can delete it but if i open wmp again it turns up.

i tried an uninstall and reinstall but to no avail.

any suggestions

cheers

data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

You use WMP? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

and your contribution to my problem is what?

i'm sorry i'm not "1337" to use winamp or what ever the cool kids use these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

go to tools/options/library/moniter folders and remove the folder it was pointing to.

see if that works

[edit]
    look for the WMP mp3 plugin Data if you are still using MP9. I dont have the version for MP10.

cheers kaimera that worked

use itunes mainly but have wmp10 here myself

bah i spoke to soon its back again

• Advertisement

\o/ think i found it, i had defaulted that as the rip music folder and think it kept bringing it back because of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

if you're looking to quickly rip mp3's, seriously check out dbpoweramp to rip them and then bsplayer to play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

WMP is awfully unwieldly to deal with audio files (or anything else for that matter, IMO!). There are loads of nice shareware rippers out there that are tidy and compact, yet full-featured. Have a look on www.download.com or www.tucows.com

thanks for the replies folk's will look into your suggestions.

i used to have exact audio copy as well which was good iirc. basically i want something that will rip at decent quality but will look up the cddb (sp?) database on the net when it runs and name everything for me so i don't have to mess around with the tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

EAC does that no?

I only recently looked it back up cos i'd forgotten it's existence and I coulda sworn I put in proxy settings so it would toddle off and name my tracks. URL is playername+.de

Give that a look?

• Advertisement

right have gone back to EAC and set it up with lame and the freedatabase and all is good thanks again folks

Advertisement