Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re installing Windows Xp

• 23-10-2004 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

After re installing windows xp I can't change the display settings( screen resolution etc) or install the driver for the monitor. Anyone any ideas on how to fix the problem?????????????????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

go into the device manager and remove the display adapter. When you reboot it should recognise it and ask you to install it again...this usually works for me when I break my display in work and it turns on it's side! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

dose or motherboard use a graphics card or onboard graphics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

haveyou tried going in through display settings in control panel?

i occasionally used to have trouble with right clicking on the desktop and choosing properties, but i could still get in through the control panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

u probably got a disc that came with ur pc with video card and all sorts of other drivers, see if you have that one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

If you've done a fresh install of XP, and added yourself as a user on the Welcome screen, then you are just a limited user - i.e. you are not an administrator.

Log on as admin and try again.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Advertisement
Advertisement