Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beware....

• 11-06-2001 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

ROFLOL yep its so bad its nearly good (note the nearly). You'd have more fun scrubing your neither regions with a wire brush, although I believe thats a good weekend for Eamo biggrin.gif

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

You lot obviously haven't seen Escape From LA. No other film can claim characters such as aa tranvestite airgliding criminal known as Carjack Malone. And it had Kurt Russel in it, so its bad by default.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan:
    You lot obviously haven't seen Escape From LA. No other film can claim characters such as aa tranvestite airgliding criminal known as Carjack Malone. And it had Kurt Russel in it, so its bad by default.

</font>

Not to forget the bit where he plays baseball, yes baseball, for his life, or the surfing bit with the most badly drawn shark in special effects history. In it's favour: great theme tune, and amusing ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Saw Breakdown last night on Ch4, man, what a big pile of poo. Kurt Russell makes a good flick like Soldier and then does something cack like Breakdown. It had no redeeming features whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the worst film ever to come out of... well anywhere is on tv tomorrow night.
    spawn on network 2.
    miss it.
    please.

One Of your Imps Does A Good Impersonation Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears.....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TinCool:
    Saw Breakdown last night on Ch4, man, what a big pile of poo. Kurt Russell makes a good flick like Soldier and then does something cack like Breakdown. It had no redeeming features whatsoever.</font>

sorry, soldier was cack paul.
    as was escape from LA. in fact it may well be true that kurt russell has been in some of the smelliest films ever to have been produced.
    howver, spawn is still worse than all of them put together..

• Advertisement

Soldier was abysmal, I thought Breakdown was pretty good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Yeah he is farly crap.........but Star Gate was a class movie and still is!!!! and the TV show of it is cool as well

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Actually talking about Stargate anyone want to buy or swap a DVD for Stargate SG1 Series 1 Pilot + 2 Episodes (Region1, 1 Disk). I'm getting rid of it cause I got the full Season 1 Boxset. Mmmmmmmm loads of Samanta Carter.

Gandalf.

Soldier = a pile of poo (eventhough I have it on DVD, but it was very cheap biggrin.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

what gets me is...why do the irish times put movies like Spawn as their "movie of the day" selection and then slag the hell out of it? :/

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hecate:
    what gets me is...why do the irish times put movies like Spawn as their "movie of the day" selection and then slag the hell out of it? :/</font>

i think network 2 puts it on as movie of the day
    irish times just write about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 spag

Breakdown: pretty good

Soldier: steaming pile o sheeeite

Spawn: What a recommendation! I can't wait to see it now!

She's a waitress, and she's got style
    Sunday bathtime will take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Not to forget the bit where he plays baseball, yes baseball, for his life.
    </font>

Indeed? Funny cos the version I saw had him playing basketball for his life wink.gif.

Spawn: Miss it. I could go on but watching the film is now in my repressed memory bank and retrieving said info would involve me to delve past such greats as "The Mexican" "Sniper" et al.

I like my coffee like I like my women.......
    In a plastic cup

I like my coffee like I like my women......
    covered in bees

Pah, baseball, basketball, I was only two letters out and who can tell the difference between those stupid American sports anyway smile.gif

I saw a bit of Spawn last night and it looked quite brutal, like that clown-type bad guy, oh dear oh dear, and what the hell was Martin Sheen doing in it? Musta been desperate for cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Spawn goes beyond "so crap it becomes a cult" a la Plan 9 from outer space.

It just a hideously bad film. At the end (and I really don't care if people haven't seen it, I can't make this film any worse by spoiling the ending) the devil is actually a large and badly rendered dog that doesn't look particularly evil or even bad.

I've seen a lot of bad films but this one actually caused me to be angry about it's sheer unadulterated shíteness.

Ahhhh I have vented, feel better now.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Hmmm. Its worth watching the director's cut of spawn. Seriously. Some of the clown guy's lines are hilarious (and far too filthy to be shown on TV).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I thought spawn was mildly entertaining, the clown says some funny stuff! stuff is good! biggrin.gif

As for those flintstone films *shudder*

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK, Jeff Bridges can be bad, but Kurt Russell - I checked all his films on :

http://www.imdb.com/

and din't like one.

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 16-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Deathstrike

Trainspotting was boring I thought , I have to admit though Spawn was avertga ebut extremley tacky lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

DEAR GOD!!!

Hasn't any one of you seen the original Escape From New York???

It was actualy a GOOD film, and quite a cult classic.
    In every possible sense ten times better than it's cash-in follow-up...
    Yes, that was abismal...

But the original was CLASS!!!

It was a fast paced dark and gritty futuristic triller, and really was GOOD!

Man, all of you, go and see this film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I've seen escape from New York, it is a classic, but it's also extremely funny. Alot of cheesy lines in it. Kurt Russel can be good as well.....I think I still have that vid somewhere...must dig it out.

• Advertisement

I loved that film...

Also, he actualy got put in a cage match for his life... Not Basketball... biggrin.gif

God, I thought that was terrible...

The cage match was class though...

I think I might go and watch that again, what a classic film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I also enjoyed Escape from NY, it's gritty, it's culty and it lacks the slick polished factory-finish that recent action films have.

The sequel was a silly remake.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    I also enjoyed Escape from NY, it's gritty, it's culty and it lacks the slick polished factory-finish that recent action films have.

The sequel was a silly remake.

</font>

Man, that was so far away from the original you could barely call it a sequal, never mind "Remake" biggrin.gif

Advertisement