Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radeon x800xt

Options
  • 23-10-2004 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

hi has anybody here tried to buy a radeon x800xt in the agp version they are almost impossible to get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

They sure are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Didnt know that the X800XT are hard to find. I know the PE version of it is impossible to get at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Get a x800pro vivo. The HIS model is really good.

They all come with the 16 pipes intact. You just have to flash it to an xt BIOS to enable them and up the core and memory to xt speeds or higher and you have yourself a cheap x800xt vivo.

Jes-computer have them for 460e.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BloodBath wrote:
    and you have yourself a cheap x800xt vivo.

:eek: Could build a half decent rig for that. I suppose gaming comes at a price ;)

BloodBath wrote:
    Get a x800pro vivo. The HIS model is really good.

They all come with the 16 pipes intact. You just have to flash it to an xt BIOS to enable them and up the core and memory to xt speeds or higher and you have yourself a cheap x800xt vivo.

BloodBath

I presumed that when you flash it the pipes will be enable?

• Advertisement

I presumed that when you flash it the pipes will be enable?

Aye, unlike the normal pros the vivo ones have 4 pipes disabled in the bios rather than physically cut.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭dixsey

i,ve just read that the cut stops you from modding from an x800provivo to an x800xt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

dixsey wrote:
    i,ve just read that the cut stops you from modding from an x800provivo to an x800xt

no not in the vivo !! the vivo,s are at the begining are x800xt,s but they are kind of the middle if the memorychip bucket... so they use them for PRO-VIVO,S instead of XT,S and as bloodbath pointed out the 4 lanes are only blocked in the bios and not cut by laser which normal x800pros are .....so more or less a simple bIOs flash opens up your four "software bIOs hidden lanes " and then you have 16 lanes ...but as i said earlier most of the graphics card and memory retailers buy the memory from only a couple of places and the good ones make the top of top end cards and the rest are graded and placed into the mid to high end cards ...its the same with the sticks of memory that you buy..

so how do you enable the extra 4 pipelines and would it be the same as an xt then, im new to this stuff

Has anyone here actually tried this?

• Advertisement

neokenzo wrote:
    Has anyone here actually tried this?
    i was just wondering that myself it sounds to good to be true.can it really be done and how exactly do you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You will just need to flash the bios on the card. To do that you just need to boot into dos and run a program, and its all done automaticaly.

I'm not sure if it works on this card but its a fairly common mod on alot of other cards.

I know how to do the mod Ciaran as I have tried it numerous times on my 9800pro. My question meant has anyone tried flashing the X800 pro VIVO to x800xt and got the 16 pipes working as well?

Someone here has done it, can't remember who but it works with every vivo.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    Someone here has done it, can't remember who but it works with every vivo.

BloodBath
    does overclocking damage your card in the longterm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sort off.. i.e. halfs the life of your card from say 20 years to 10 years.. Considering the longest it will ever be used is 3 or 4 years.. Who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

yes i has been done ... i think gline done it .....well the not the bios mod but the the hardware mod using the conductive paint pen to link back up the laser-cut ....heres a link to what you want to know...the link below will give you all you need to it...and as it states if you dont want to have the 16 lanes open ??you can flash back to the 12 lanes :)

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=777427

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33766704

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

dubdvd wrote:
    yes i has been done ... i think gline done it .....well the not the bios mod but the the hardware mod using the conductive paint pen to link back up the laser-cut ....heres a link to what you want to know...the link below will give you all you need to it...and as it states if you dont want to have the 16 lanes open ??you can flash back to the 12 lanes :)

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=777427

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33766704
    i did the hardmod, didnt work as the new cards dont have the xtra 4 pipes in them. And i was told that all new VIVO's and pros do not have the xtra pipes in them, there is nothing you can do to get the xtra 4 pipes. As for the XT's being hard to get - spacer.gifgo to http://geek.pricegrabber.com/ they have x800 xt's and x800 xt pe's and use an international shipper to import it for you, that works out cheaper then ireland, thats how i got my x800 and they were extremly rare when i got it, they were just out.

gline wrote:
    i did the hardmod, didnt work as the new cards dont have the xtra 4 pipes in them. And i was told that all new VIVO's and pros do not have the xtra pipes in them, there is nothing you can do to get the xtra 4 pipes. As for the XT's being hard to get - spacer.gifgo to http://geek.pricegrabber.com/ they have x800 xt's and x800 xt pe's and use an international shipper to import it for you, that works out cheaper then ireland, thats how i got my x800 and they were extremly rare when i got it, they were just out.

nice 1 mate i,ll check that site out now because it does,nt look like i can softmodd an x800pro to xt

gline wrote:

hi i checked that site and put in a search for x800xt and they have,nt got any.Anyone else here know where i might get a radeon x800xt in the agp version in stock?

• Advertisement

gline wrote:

sorry my mistake i found an msi x800xt from a company that ships internationally i,m about to order it, thanks a lot.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

dixsey wrote:
    hi has anybody here tried to buy a radeon x800xt in the agp version they are almost impossible to get

Hope this helps OcUK if i come across any more il let ya know

I thought almost all x800pro vivo's flashed to xt's. Damn it, don;t tell me they have fixed it.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    I thought almost all x800pro vivo's flashed to xt's. Damn it, don;t tell me they have fixed it.

BloodBath
    They fixed it months ago, now they are true VIVO models and not xt's downgraded. So if u buy a brand new 1 the chances are it will not flash to xt

Nukem wrote:
    Hope this helps OcUK if i come across any more il let ya know
    nice 1 thanks i,ve just ordered one from the site gline gave me[geek.com]its on the way , could,nt find one anywhere else thanks anyway

gline wrote:

hi gline how long where you waiting for your x800 i ordered mine yesterday from geek.com

dixsey wrote:
    hi gline how long where you waiting for your x800 i ordered mine yesterday from geek.com
    well i used an international shipper to get it for me, so it took a week. I would reckon it will be 1-2 weeks, depends on what shipping method you went for, you may be charged import tax (about €40) depending on the worth of the item that the shop writes down. Let me kno how it is when you get it.

gline wrote:
    well i used an international shipper to get it for me, so it took a week. I would reckon it will be 1-2 weeks, depends on what shipping method you went for, you may be charged import tax (about €40) depending on the worth of the item that the shop writes down. Let me kno how it is when you get it.

nice 1 i will, it would have to be a lot better than the ****e card i have now[nvidia fx 5200]

dixsey wrote:
    nice 1 i will, it would have to be a lot better than the ****e card i have now[nvidia fx 5200]
    LOL, been there mate

• Advertisement

Haha your going from a 5200fx to a x800xt. Your going to be seriosuly impressed with the performance. I'd say that must be about 8 times the performance of your card if not higher.

What processor/ram have you got?

BloodBath

Advertisement