Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radeon x800xt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

BloodBath wrote:
    Haha your going from a 5200fx to a x800xt. Your going to be seriosuly impressed with the performance. I'd say that must be about 8 times the performance of your card if not higher.

What processor/ram have you got?

BloodBath
    I went from an fx5200 to my oc'd x800pro and yes it did impress me, just a bit hehehheh :D . Its like you were never able to play games the way they were supposed to be played :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭dixsey

BloodBath wrote:
    Haha your going from a 5200fx to a x800xt. Your going to be seriosuly impressed with the performance. I'd say that must be about 8 times the performance of your card if not higher.

What processor/ram have you got?

BloodBath

hi i have a pentium 4 3.06ghz ht and 512mb ddr, i have problems playing halo,far cry and now doom3 is wrecking my head so i need a new card.

dixsey wrote:
    hi i have a pentium 4 3.06ghz ht and 512mb ddr, i have problems playing halo,far cry and now doom3 is wrecking my head so i need a new card.
    What problems u having, lemmie guess , TOO SLOW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's alright then, you shouldn't be cpu limited. Try and get another 512mb of ram at some stage though. Newer games really need a gig of ram to run smoothly especially if your using windows xp.

BloodBath

gline wrote:
    What problems u having, lemmie guess , TOO SLOW :D

yeh far too slow especially when theres a lot of action on the screen.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote:
    That's alright then, you shouldn't be cpu limited. Try and get another 512mb of ram at some stage though. Newer games really need a gig of ram to run smoothly especially if your using windows xp.

BloodBath
    Nice 1, i will get another 512 mb of ram. Your the second person today to say it to me about needing more ram with windows xp running.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

dixsey wrote:
    yeh far too slow especially when theres a lot of action on the screen.

Dont feel too bad! i have a built in intel GPU(intel extreme-extreme crapness)
    My othere comp has a MX440 and its faster.No funds til after x-mas and then i hope to get a x800pro but let me know how you get on : Customs, tax all that.

Man gotta love this country (2nd dearest in Europe) ;tax what a killer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Does everyone not realise that there is a shortage of ATI cards because they wont commit the resources to manufacturing the existing chipset purely because they are going to launch a new one in 3 or 4 months!!

Does everyone not realise that there is a shortage of ATI cards because they wont commit the resources to manufacturing the existing chipset purely because they are going to launch a new one in 3 or 4 months!!
    Well when the new cards come out in 3-4 months i will worry about upgrading then :) , as it is the x800 is the best for now, especially if u buy abroad and overclock it to bits :D

i got my x800xt on tuesday had,nt time to write sooner got murdered on the tax 126 euro,s but it turned out i got a platinum edition when it was advertised as a regular xt so it was worth it.no more trouble with my games anymore ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

What did you pay dude, in total?

I saw this at a shocking €361

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?DEPA=0&description=14-142-030&ATT=Video+Cards&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

Is this the OC'able variety?

I'm highly tempted... I get stuff shipped to a mate in the US, who sends it to me packaged as 'Gift' - I've not paid tax on anything yet..

I'm waiting on a contact that might be able to get me a 6800 Ultra as a sample (he's a buyer for Dell)

I'm nearly thinking I'd prefer PCIe, just to force me to upgrade the whole rig...

Currently running non-OC'd Athlon 3000, 1gb, 9800 Pro on an ASUS A7N8X deluxe........

COOL dude a PE edition, u gotta OC that dude and see wat core speed u can get it up to, u gonna watercool it???

all together it cost 650 euros but i could,nt get it anywhere else.i clocked it to 540 and the screen went bang on 3d mark 03 i thought i could have went higher than that.I,m having some problems with doom3 i can only play it at high level just about, not ultra quality like i was expecting,I,ve a pentium 4 3.06 ghz ht,512mb ddr ram and the x800xt pe anyone any idea why doom3 wont play well for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Because you only have 512mb of RAM so the memory has to constantly swap info with the HD which will screw your fps up. Get another 512mb of the same ram.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

neokenzo wrote:
    Has anyone here actually tried this?

My mate Ren did it with one bought from OCUK, it worked, he posted screenies, that was over a month ago with no ill effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

dixsey wrote:
    =i clocked it to 540 and the screen went bang on 3d mark 03

Ouch, my non PE did 550 on stock cooling and I'm expecting more once I get the H2O strapped to it. What brand is it?

The extra 512mb of ram will definitely help, have you got the new cat's and tried any of the tweaks? They should help. I get constant 60 fps on ultra 1280x1024 and some AA and AF (forget how much). That's with a P4 3.2 @ 3.9 with a gig or ram and an X800XT.

dixsey wrote:
    all together it cost 650 euros but i could,nt get it anywhere else.i clocked it to 540 and the screen went bang on 3d mark 03 i thought i could have went higher than that.I,m having some problems with doom3 i can only play it at high level just about, not ultra quality like i was expecting,I,ve a pentium 4 3.06 ghz ht,512mb ddr ram and the x800xt pe anyone any idea why doom3 wont play well for me?
    Yeh dude that OC is a bit low, is the PE on its own molex connecter and not sharing with anything else, there may not be enough voltage getting to it

gline wrote:
    Yeh dude that OC is a bit low, is the PE on its own molex connecter and not sharing with anything else, there may not be enough voltage getting to it
    not really sure what you mean about sharing power how do i find out ?And its an msi card from the states i overclocked it to 538 mhz core and scored 12,047 on 3d mark 03.

how do i find out what voltage my power supply is?

dixsey wrote:
    not really sure what you mean about sharing power how do i find out ?And its an msi card from the states i overclocked it to 538 mhz core and scored 12,047 on 3d mark 03.
    Are you using the power splitter cable that came with the card?? (4pin connector in in two 4pin connectors out) . Or is your card connected to its own 4pin power connector with no other devices connected to it. I had this problem myself, i had to just have the x800 on its on power connector, allowed me to oc more and games didnt crash anymore

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    Are you using the power splitter cable that came with the card?? (4pin connector in in two 4pin connectors out) . Or is your card connected to its own 4pin power connector with no other devices connected to it. I had this problem myself, i had to just have the x800 on its on power connector, allowed me to oc more and games didnt crash anymore
    i,m using the cable i got with the card theres 3 connections on it, one to the card one to the power supply and the other one is,nt connected to anything.I,m just about to check my ram to see what type it is so i can get another 512 mb.

My score on the old card (fx5200)was 1,114 so i,m happy with the score im getting now (12,047) i just want a better performance on doom3 so i,ll have to get the extra ram

yep thats the way to go, more ram will give u a lot more preformance, i gotta get me an extra 512 meg, €170 though for registered ram for the socket 940, doh

I got a new power supply (400w)the one in my machine was only 250w i thought that might help with doom but it made no difference so i got another gb of ram (1.5gb total) and doom now plays perfect on ultra quality.Thanks for the help everyone nice 1

i still cant overclock beyond 538 mhz core any ideas ?

gline wrote:
    yep thats the way to go, more ram will give u a lot more preformance, i gotta get me an extra 512 meg, €170 though for registered ram for the socket 940, doh
    How much did it cost you to water cool your rig ?

dixsey wrote:
    How much did it cost you to water cool your rig ?
    Its only the x800 thats watercooled, the cpu is phase change coled. The water cooler i think was $90, im getting a new one though as it is cracked a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭davie_b

am i the only one who thinks its just his ram?

I already said it earlier that ram would increase preformance. but ram has nothing to do with how much you can overclock the GPU, which is the problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I'm in need of a new gfx card asap. Since the PE or even the normal XT is unavailable, looks like I have to go with the VIVO Pro version of it. Anyone has the Powercolour version of it?

Advertisement