Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Action Hero

• 13-06-2001 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

We need a good action hero. For years it was Arnie and Sly but those guys are getting old.

There were a few other hopefulls over the past few years but they were crap and failed in the end.

Any nominations?
    I wouldn't mind an action heroine! Angelina Jolie! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smile.gif

John (yes THE John!)
    john.filetap.com
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

[This message has been edited by Puck (edited 13-06-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Graham Norton?

I'm the Dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

you just wanna see graham nortons bulging biceps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Personally, I'd like to think there's no need for "action heros" in movies today. At least not of the kind you're talking about, a new Indiana Jones film wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

What kind am I talking about?
    I am asking ye to nominate ye're own. They can be of any type. Even Graham Norton!

[This message has been edited by Puck (edited 13-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Isn't Nicholas Cage meant to be playing Superman in the new film. I suppose he'll be the new "action hero". Bit on the weedy side though.
    Maybe, as Jeff_Lebowski suggests it should be Graham Norton!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I dunno, we've got some good prospects - Jet Li anyone?

Kung Fu guys own the pants off any of the musclebound freaks in my opinion

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Nicholas Cage is a good choice (The Rock & Face Off).
    Or Bruce Willis (Die Hards & 5th Element).
    I suppose the closest to Indy would be Brendan Fraiser in The Mummy (but I still remember him in George of the Jungle)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

soon you will remember Brendan Fraiser in a new film he is doing...something about a monkey that takes over his body. a shame really. i read in the rte guide that hollywood believes that "the rock" is the nxt action hero, (unfortunatly) lets hope he dosen't follow in the footsteps of hulk hogan or andre the giant!!

PHat Ass Burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

THE **** YOU SAYING???

Andre The Giant is the man!!!

Anyway...
    Vin Diesel would make a great action hero, mainly because he can actualy ACT (Note this term).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Andre The Giant is the man!!!</font>
    Was. He's dead, remember?
    I think Burger_Boy was trying to say that he hopes the Rock doesn't start making dreadful movies (The Babysitter's Club, anyone?). Although the only film I can remember starring Andre the Giant is The Princess Bride which, as we all know, is ace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

seagal all the way...all the way baby. He'd kick da **** outta arnie and sly at the same time baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Brainless action heroes were the creation of hollywood for an innocent if brainless audience. Todays replacement demand anti-heroes or plain bad guys.

Arni, Stallone, Van Damme (the idiot) and Segal (the mafiosa geriaric) are well gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Yeah Vin Diesel would rule because he can act and he makes a good antihero!

Andre The Giant was cool in the Princess Bride! I love that film!

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Jet Li or Snipes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

As far as I know they are making a new Indiana Jones film. Good stuff - although I don't like Harrison Ford as much as I used to. He turned down a role in Traffic cause they weren't going to pay him enough. Boooooo.

I'm the Dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Bruce WIllis, would be a good one, although, he has been an "Action Hero" for a long time. Just not as much as Arnie ans Sly. I really like Bruce Willis Films actually.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Ri-ra

Just wait for a film called The Fast and the Furious to see what a talentless t u r d Vin Diesel is. Gack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lump:
    Bruce WIllis, would be a good one, although, he has been an "Action Hero" for a long time. Just not as much as Arnie ans Sly. I really like Bruce Willis Films actually.

John
    </font>

Anyone else think Mr. Willis looks remarkably like Deputy Dawg these days?

Advertisement