Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost my driving license. What to do now?

Options
  • 24-10-2004 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just over 2 weeks ago, i passed my test and got my license. Now it is lost. :o

Any ideas how i can go get a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

You have to get a form from the Garda to say your licence was reported lost or stolen and get it signed and stamped at the station and then send it off with a new application.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

cheesedude wrote:
    Just over 2 weeks ago, i passed my test and got my license. Now it is lost. :o

Any ideas how i can go get a new one?

If your licence is current, just get a Replacement Licence application from the Gardai, Library, or Motor Tax Office (ring them and they'll post one out to you).

Fill it out, get it signed and stamped at your local garda Station, and send it back to the Motor tax Office with 2 pictures and 5 Euros.

You'll then get a new duplicate licence sent back to you.

Easy peasy! ;)

Tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

any idea how long they take to come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

they'll give you a receipt in the motor tax office if you bring the new application in yourself and you can use it until you get the licence in the post. It usually only takes a few days thou - I went in on a Friday when I was renewing my licence and I had it in the post on the following Tuesday.. ;) That was Chancery St...

Advertisement