Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star wars EP 1 to be on DVD.

• 20-06-2001 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

sometime in October. I guess Lucus needs a bit of cash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Would not be too suprised after that mess of a movie. I think perhaps he should not release it to avoid too closely assiociating it with the Episode 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Didn't he also say he'd release it same time last year?
    Get them on laserdisk-DVD remasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Another turkey on DVD great !!!

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

He also said they wouldnt be released till all 6 films were completed..

Looks like it will be released same day for Region1 and Region 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

Details.
    Lifted from: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/

According to the press material, this is part of a worldwide release strategy - it's almost certain that the Region 2 disc will appear either on the same day or within a couple of weeks of the Region 1 release. We're guessing same day as most Region 1 discs are usually released on Tuesdays whereas this one is on a Monday - our usual DVD release day.

As far as details are concerned, most of what we posted in our last news item is pretty much spot on. We're getting two discs featuring over six hours of additional material. Soundtracks as far as the Region 1 disc is concerned will consist of English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX and English and Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 (with an additional French Dolby Digital 2.0 track on the Canadian disc). The transfer will of course be Anamorphic and in the original aspect ratio.

Extras will include:
    Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Co-Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Scott Squires, John Knoll and Dennis Muren; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film

Seven never-before-seen deleted scenes with full visual effects completed just for the DVD release

"The Beginning" -- an all-new hour-long documentary culled from over 600 hours of footage offering unprecedented access inside Lucasfilm and ILM during the making of Episode I

Multi-angle storyboard to animatic to finished film feature, that lets you flip through the various phases of development of key action sequences

Five behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring The Phantom Menace's storyline, designs, costumes, visual effects and fight scenes

"Duel of the Fates" music video

All 12 parts of the Lynne's Diaries - web-based documentary from the www.starwars.com website.

Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign, and never-before-scene production photos

Original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus seven TV spots including the "tone poems"
    We're currently trying to find out if the Region 2 DVD release will be the same - and whether it will be released on the same day. As soon as we get more info on this it'll be posted here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

any word on the original trilogy itself? wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hecate:
    any word on the original trilogy itself? wink.gif</font>

read this article from dvd file. includes a q+a with some lucasfilm guy.
    http://www.dvdfile.com/news/special_report/q_and_a/ward_jim/index.html

also it seems according to http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/ the region 2 release is a day earlier than region 1. yay!

-ciaran
    smak2thefuture.gif

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 21-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yossarian:

Soundtracks as far as the Region 1 disc is concerned will consist of English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX and English and Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0

</font>

Opening the way for a typical Lucas special edition ~6 months after he gets your money the first time. AFAIK episode-1 was mastered for DTS not DD, so they're downgrading the soundtrack for the initial release.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Call me a Star Wars saddo but despite my dissapointment with this film I said after watching it in the cinema that I would never watch it again until it came out on DVD so I'll buy it. It'll be worth it for some of the better sequences in it. =>Click on Chapter Selection=>click on Final Fight Sequence=>woohoo.
    Required extras are
    (i) Jar Jar No No - hide Jar jar from all scenes.
    (ii) Disable Anakin the 8 year old superhero sequences - remove the ridiculous 'Anakin flys ship into space and saves the day' bit.

Like most of you I'm really waiting for the divine trilogy to be released on DVD but my heart tells me when they do eventually come out they will be the sad, crappy special editions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

From what I've heard, Lucas have dumped their "wait til all 6 movies have had their cinema run before releasing on DVD" plans... apparently, Star Wars (Ep. IV: A New Hope) is to be released on DVD when Episode II comes out in the cinema, then Empire halfway between the releases of Ep. II and III and finally Jedi when Episode III comes out, followed a while later (grabbing the Christmas market presumably) with a 6 disc box set of all the movies.

Hope that makes sense... smile.gif

I heard it from someone who has an inside source in a DVD replication company who apparently have the contract for Ep. I by the way.

Bard

- in Manchester. Ee by gum, I get around!

• Advertisement
Advertisement