Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns don't kill people.. it's just

Options
  • 24-10-2004 11:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

crap?

Anyone else find themselves listening to this song and unable to justify it in any way but.. also unable to stop?

is their album any good at all? .. that "your mother's got a penis" song is just awful but... this rap song..

I just.. can't.. stop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,996 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Saw them at Oxegen. They're chavs, but amusing chavs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

There's something so beautiful in their lack of rapping ability; one guy unable to pronounce Rs, another with an english farmer accent. It's the only rap song I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

But do they take themselves seriously or is it all just one big joke?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'm not sure.. and I think that's why I'm beginning to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

guns dont kill people, glassjaw do..

if youre refering to that hideous pop song, oh god, thats not even a song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I hate that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the bacground musig sounds very like a 1980's video game for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

crap crap crap crap song....crap band too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

they're completely taking the piss. they're lyrics are quite funny, too, if you listen to them properly. its an entertaining, and sometimes really funny, album, but i wouldnt buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,996 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I couldn't stop laughing when I heard the "Your mothers got a penis" song. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The Penis part is beeped out on MTV? But they leave the actual word when displaying the name of the song? Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'm surprised alot of people are taking them serious,they're out to take the piss, which is obvious by their look and music. They hosted the top 20 music videos one night and where very amusing presenting it, they're just a skit on rap and RnB bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

The Penis part is beeped out on MTV? But they leave the actual word when displaying the name of the song? Odd.

I saw it on some late night Channel U or some other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I dunno, anyone who thinks these guys are in one bit serious about either what they're rapping about, or themselves, needs to sit down and listen to GLC again.

They're just a bunch of headcases from some city/town in Wales, who've most likely been sitting smoking dope instead of going to school and mitching in each other's houses, then sitting down and coming up with the stuff they do.

I searched for them a few months back when "Guns.." first started airing and d/led about 40 min of individual mp3s, from their site, some of which were crap (but funny) and some that were good or very good, better than what they've released so far. But they chaged the site a few weeks later when the song got released. Maybe some of the tracks made it on to their album: I dunno, I'll not be buying it to find out.
    I like the backing sample for "Your mother..", that bit out of Eric Clapton's song and it's funny for the first couple of listens (like Afroman was) but then it just gets old...

Advertisement