Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQ Survey

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Damnit Jack, you're right!

Those bastard camels have been trying to get us for years

TO THE CAMEL ANNIHALATION MACHINE

(you better remember the appropriate response man)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

anyone know any decent online iq tests? i'v tried a few and i get very different answers..,..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Such a thing does not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah the iqtest.com thing is really bad. There are questions like 'There are 7 letters in 'Monday' true or False?' and 'Drat saddam, a mad dastard is spelt the same forwards as it is backwards'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Here's the Bzookatone patented IQ test
    1: 2+2=
    a) 4 b) 2 c) none of the above d) have sex with me

2: A train leaves Euston station at 9.00 am travelling from Dublin to Cork at 100 mph. How long will it take Cathal to freak everybody in one carraige out by talking excitedly and doing his blinking-while-I'm-talking thing.
    a) 8 minutes b) 8 seconds c) according to Cathal, "we won't exist in precisly this state ever again so all our Chi energy is focused on..... hey why are you blinking like that" d) have sex with me

3: How long does it take one bad tempered, sunburned, dehydrated, red headed boy to cut miles and miles amd miles of grass
    a) Apparently more time than it takes anyone else according to his foul mouthed foreman
    b) Depends on how many trucks almost run him down
    c) 4,.......4 what?,.....I don't know, just 4
    d) have sex with me

4: Why can I not get a woman to like me?
    a) bad breath
    b) no social skills
    c) intimidating amounts of sexual energy, and a complete lack of redeeming features of any kind whatsoever
    d) have sex with me

If you answered D to any or all of the above, you are probably as smart as me. Or at least, your actions are controlled by the same set of organs, either way, same thing.

• Advertisement

TO THE CAMEL ANNIHALATION MACHINE

(you better remember the appropriate response man)

The correct response is
    "...........................................you mean your Chevy?"
    ".....yes"

How dare thou test me, I am Jack, I don not answer to the queries of mere mortal man!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just checking man. Get MSN yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Well, maybe not very smart bears, but probably a smidgen smarter than your average bear.

IQ test are one of the least reliable ways to test intelligence. They only test visual intelligence, english and maths to a degree, and all other forms of intelligene are ignored. [sorry... Psychology Session 2 2004]

Anyway, I've done various IQ test under abysmal conditions (while having n argument, while in a hot, smelly, stuffy room of annoying children, &c...) and performed reasonably well.

The most awful one I did recently- first it measured maths (about 20 questions) then it measured visual reasoning (about 10) and then it measured how well you know proverbs! Now, as any scholar (or RPG player) will tell you, proverbs and such like are not involved in intelligence. The way this test asked them was more testing memory/knowledge than actual smart-ness (or, to RPG players, WIS rather than INT).

No I haven't, I need someone to send me a long E-mail with simple instructions written in Large, easy to see writing to tell me how to do it, didn't I say that CTYIers are lazy, I'm a CTYIer, therefore I'm lazy

Here's a good question:
    What would George Doob-aya Bush score on an IQ test.
    a) below average
    b) way below average
    c) way, way below average
    d) clinically in a coma
    e) clinically dead
    f) Dumber than his father, who at least had the good sense to get out of Iraq.

BTW: Any Americans who are offended by this mocking of your figurehead and the sole leader of your nation's destiny, Ha! Ha! You elected an idiot!
    And to be honest, Kerry's not much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

Ha! Ha! You elected an idiot!
    in our defense, we didn't elect him. (and that's why the electoral college is obsolete and undemocratic. not that we know the meaning of democracy any more, only corporations and duopolies and oil. *unearthly shriek of rage*
    and i couldn't possibly be offended by your understatement of his inept behavior in office.

i mean... IQ surveys! and stuff. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

According to the last waste-of-time online test I did (the Spark one years ago...) it was about 145.
    DATS? Did that in 3rd year in school. Scored crap in mechanical reasoning because that section ran into lunchtime, and I was damned if I was doing anything more till I got food.
    I'm a 3rd year maths physics student now. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Scored 149 on the Sparks test but I have a strong feeling that the results vary depending on when you take the test. Once I got 116 in a test, another test put me at 172. The 116 one was in a very stuffy computer room at 7.30 at ses 2 last year so things like that can easily affect it I suppose. In any case IQ tests are not a very good guide and I couldnt care that much what the actual value is so long as I'm happy with my intelligence (which I sort-of am)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Here's a good question:
    What would George Doob-aya Bush score on an IQ test.
    a) below average
    b) way below average
    c) way, way below average
    d) clinically in a coma
    e) clinically dead
    f) Dumber than his father, who at least had the good sense to get out of Iraq.

BTW: Any Americans who are offended by this mocking of your figurehead and the sole leader of your nation's destiny, Ha! Ha! You elected an idiot!
    And to be honest, Kerry's not much better.

Ok, that's taking the piss a bit too much. Realistically Mr. Bush wouldn't fit any of those descriptions........ he's much stupider than any of those!

Advertisement