Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Were is the best place to buy DVDs online .

• 12-06-2001 5:14pm

As the titly says .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've used www.amazon.co.uk and www.amazon.com (US) quite a lot and always found them to be decently priced with some good special offers and pretty fast to turnaround the order and deliver it. Also, their website is massive and has a huge amount of information on it.

Blackstar ( www.blackstar.co.uk ), based in Belfast are quite well known/respected - but the one time I tried using them, I cancelled my order because it was taking way too long.

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Let me say that I used to use amazon alot but I dropped them like a nagging girlfriend after coming across express.com

They ship MUCH faster than amazon and they are cheaper too! Take my word for it m8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Be careful using Express.com, I believe they are in financial trouble in the US. I use www.amazon.com & www.absound.ca for any region1 purchases, but given the downward direction of the euro I buy hardly any US DVD's any more (A&B Sound were hacked recently so their site is down, but they were the cheapest and the site is back up tomorrow so hears hoping they still have good prices as well as better security now). Region2's I tend to pick up on any offers in the shops or xtravision who appear to be cheapest for new releases. One place to check out for good prices is Austrialia for Region 4's. Try www.dvdcrave.com or www.ezydvd.com.au , some Aussie DVD's are encoded for region2 as well.

Gandalf.

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 12-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

try http://www.play247.co.uk

They have free delivery in the EU, and they stock some R1 disks too.

[This message has been edited by Hecate (edited 12-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hecate:
    try http://www.play247.co.uk
    </font>
    Yeah - I used to use Blackstar exclusively because of their outstanding customer service, but they have gone up in price recently, and are no longer close to competitive IMHO.

Play247 is now my DVD shop of choice ... prices are excellent (from what I've seen). The only flaw is that their customer service aint asgood as those nice Blackstar people. Altho, I did have a disk go astray in the post and they replaced it without question, which is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

www.jungle.co.uk have good prices , cheap delivery

But the all irish www.dmgdirect.com with prices in punts is often cheaper , cause of the xchange rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement