Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Read Prob..

Options
  • 24-10-2004 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

I have had a Matrix chip since february.Now my V9 box has just given up reading dvd-rs (Verbatim),originals will boot perfect.I have opened it up and the chip is still intact then i cleaned the laser with !!nail polish remover!! it then read the backups for about 10 sessions. now its back to square one. will i just get a dvd lens cleaner or will i have to replace something,if so, what?

Thanks,

Hakko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Using nail varnish remover is seemingly bad as the lens is plastic. Just get a new lens and you should be grand :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

what about using alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Not 100%. Saw it somewhere recently..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Using nail varnish remover is seemingly bad as the lens is plastic. Just get a new lens and you should be grand :/

what am i looking for exactly to just replace the lens and where is the best place for me to buy one?Where will i get instructions on installing it?
    Thanks,
    Hakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

try here for a few suggestions... pstation.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

thanks guys I have decided to send it off to Siyucom in dublin to get it sorted because I cant find any definite prob or broken part. has anyone had any experiences with them that I should be aware about?
    Hakko

Advertisement