Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking issues

Options
  • 24-10-2004 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

i just cant figure this out!!!

all of a sudden my network has f00ked up

when i turn my server on (all comps on network are in rig)..it prompts me for the password ..which i never even set up, i dont want this on there all my comps i dont need to mess around with this..yet its set itself up, so theres no pass for that i just have to hit enter to get into it...well i think this is screwing up my network not 1 of my comps can see each other now, my main rig can SEE itself and the server but it says the server is not accessible, the laptop is just a little outcast and for some reason cant access mshome at all! server now thinks there is nothing IN mshome..when there should be the main rig and the laptop

i REALLY need this sorted as ive just played with linux on 1 of my drives and the only way i could get it to work was to just give him the full 120gb drive so i had to format it and i need to get 80gb back over from my server :(

they are all on mshome none of them have passes , the windows firewalls are disabled, sygate is set up so it can access files over the network

they are all running xp pro...and im at a complete loss! can anyone help i feel like through the server out the window :mad:

Advertisement