Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pearl Harbour?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You missed out on 55 minutes of total pants Jug-A-Lug, yep it was 175 minutes long.

Oh yeah, was reading Empire today and seemingly it has only made 145 million dollars in three weeks at the US Box Office, far lower than anticpated. It needs around 225 million to break even, once you add marketing costs etc. to the actual budget.

Bay, Bruckheimer, Affleck, et al all signed back-end deals where they took no money up front but agreed to take a bit of the profits each instead. They thought they had the next Titanic there.

They have had to resort to taking out ads in the trade mags, saying 'xxx customers can't be wrong', 'the critics are all wrong etc.' Sad.

All I can say is ahahahhahahahahahahahahha!! Serves them right for serving up the biggest turkey in living memory.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 28-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Jag if they try to do anything which involved Americans winning a battle it'll prob end up being a independance day "WE ARE THE GREATEST" Movie, if they took it from the side that lost it would be better
    because

a) It cant be propaganda bull****
    b) better chance for better explosions and stuff

But if u ask me the easy way to do a nuetral war film is get a character from both sides and have them have nothing to do with each other except they are in the same historic battle and one gets killed while other gets forever scarred by the battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">however the japs made a greivous error in their estimation of us naval strength and position</font>

Historical nit-pick: it wasn't that the Japs were wrong, it was that the allies had broken their amazingly outdated code system and knew exactly what was coming and where. WW2 was the worlds first real information war...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 molu

**** happens in a war, they're bad things. it's pathetic when some director comes along and turns that into a love story.

I just can't wait till they release the follow-up: Hiroshima
    we'll see what spin they put on that one then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I liked it brought a tear to me eye smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

lol member the part with the Floating american flag in the water at the end of the battle scene ... jeees .. reminds me of the patriot.. where he drops his GUN in mid charging battle and picks up the American flag and starts running with is.. those scenes just make meh laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -ADREN-:
    lol member the part with the Floating american flag in the water at the end of the battle scene ... jeees .. reminds me of the patriot.. where he drops his GUN in mid charging battle and picks up the American flag and starts running with is.. those scenes just make meh laugh</font>

Mel Gibson in the Simpsons killing a US senator by spearing him through the mid-section with a flagpole bearing the American flag... now THAT was funny smile.gif

As for Pearl Harbor, - I avoided it ... sensibly, I believe.

Bard
    Vidi, Vici, Veni.

Advertisement