Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide - retesting ???

• 24-10-2004 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

We have been failed in our attempt to get DSL here in Malahide and cannot get Eircom to retest.
    Is there any way to get this done ? any contacts in the Malahide Exchange ?

Our neighbours across the road and beside us get it no problem ......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Your line is automatically tested every month.

Remove any extensions, sky digi boxs and spare phones and it should increase the chance of your line passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

I went to test my line and it failed, so its not suitable. But the funny thing is that they connected me to broadband 2 months ago. The guy across the road moved out cause he couldn't get eircom to fix the line. The whole thing a joke!

http://home.eircom.net/javascript/Broadband/new/step2.jsp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Yep eircom seem to a bit crazy with the line tests, my parents failed a few times , now it says it is passed, though eircom havnt done anything with the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Your line is automatically tested every month.
    They test EVERY line EVERY month ??

I understood this was only every six months......
    Remove any extensions, sky digi boxs and spare phones and it should increase the chance of your line passing.
    Will do. Thanks for the info.

Is there any way to get the phone number of the Exchange engineer...? I have a friend who did this successfully and got passed straight away....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

chill wrote:
    They test EVERY line EVERY month ??

I understood this was only every six months......

I was told by two reps and a few people on here that every line from the exchange is automatically tested monthly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

My line Fails for eircom broadband...

probably because im on IOL Broadband. Then again, I dont ever remember Eircom saying my line passed. Ignore them and their stupid "test my line". Ring up someone else and place an order for broadband with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

Winters wrote:
    My line Fails for eircom broadband...

probably because im on IOL Broadband. Then again, I dont ever remember Eircom saying my line passed. Ignore them and their stupid "test my line". Ring up someone else and place an order for broadband with them.
    I understand that DSL suppliers will consult Eircom's approval list before applying for the line to be upgraded to DSL. You can't simply ignore it. If it is marked as fail, the supplier won't take on the service.

Advertisement