Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business products

• 24-10-2004 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I've never actually thought about it but to avail of a business broadband product, do you actually have to have a legit business?

Scenario (1)

Bob asks for broadband (business) but doesn't actually have a business. He says its for a home business (which doesn't actually exist). - Is this something you may have to do to get a business product or do they even care?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

you have to be a registerd company, thus having an cert. You have to give a business name and your incorporation number.

And no netsource cannot be duped into giving you their packages if your a residential user :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

IBB/eircom/esat don't care if you're a company or not. They don't even ask for details afaik. Netsource are the only isp I know of that are a stickler for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Moriarty wrote:
    IBB/eircom/esat don't care if you're a company or not. They don't even ask for details afaik. Netsource are the only isp I know of that are a stickler for it.

When eircom Type in your number to the Lotter.. i mean line checker system the teller knows weather you are a residential or business (or even an unfortunate Corporate Customer).

They dont have to ask because they know :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I was thinking about digiweb wireless - As there is no telephone line to check to see if I have a residential or business line, maybe I can fob my way through this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

I started with DigiWeb's HomeJet using my Business and have just switched to BizJet.

See extract from http://dsl.digiweb.ie/faq.asp below

As a Home user I want more speed!
    All of the BizJet services, are perfectly suitable for home installation also, delivering up to 2Mbps speeds with the BizJet Enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Gosh wrote:
    I started with DigiWeb's HomeJet using my Business and have just switched to BizJet.

See extract from http://dsl.digiweb.ie/faq.asp below

As a Home user I want more speed!
    All of the BizJet services, are perfectly suitable for home installation also, delivering up to 2Mbps speeds with the BizJet Enterprise.

I didn't see that. Thanks Gosh! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Blitz wrote:
    When eircom Type in your number to the Lotter.. i mean line checker system the teller knows weather you are a residential or business (or even an unfortunate Corporate Customer).

They dont have to ask because they know :).

They just don't care. I know a number of people with residential lines and 'business' dsl packages from eircom.net.

It makes little-to-no sense for any ISP not to sell business products to residential customers if they want to pay for it.

Advertisement