Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky..

• 24-10-2004 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

is a load of crap
    Movies are rotated ad nauseum
    The only channels worth watching are Discovery, History and Living TV - I am ADDICTED to extreme makeover at the mo, and it is impinging on my daily life....
    I WANT ONE TOO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Bessacadia wrote:
    is a load of crap
    Movies are rotated ad nauseum
    The only channels worth watching are Discovery, History and Living TV - I am ADDICTED to extreme makeover at the mo, and it is impinging on my daily life....
    I WANT ONE TOO

I agree, especially about the movie channels. I don't think I've watched a whole film on Sky Movies ever. They never show quality films.

I'd say FilmFour would be a better option.

Sky One is crap too, tbh. For how many years can The Simpsons be pretty much the flagship show of any channel? Guess what they're having this week? ANOTHER Simpsons marathon!! "6 of your favourite episode back-to-back!!!" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Film four looks great soon as you get it , it pulls a sky and goes ****e.

Tv sucks no matter where you are.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

sky is evil.it makes me feel dead,it actually makes you wonder is television a waste of time.btw anyone see "the swan''--messed up american tv show about "uglies" go "pretty".ie plastic surgery..makes me want to kill myself.... humans can be so superficial and pathetic...no wonder we are all going bonkers.....*feel rant coming on*...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sky is brutal, i only watch Simpsons, some of the retro shows on Bravo or Challenge. They keep putting subscription up every year and it doesnt get any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ruu wrote:
    Sky is brutal, i only watch Simpsons, some of the retro shows on Bravo or Challenge. They keep putting subscription up every year and it doesnt get any better.

exactly, i decided f&*k it, cancelled contract, dont miss it at all. I suggest you do the same. f*(& sky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

lets set up a guerilla group and aim to get sky out of every home in ireland by next year.....and then the world......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Sky one is a god send for star trek fans though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bizmark wrote:
    Sky one is a god send for star trek fans though :)

Indeed keeps you indoors.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

KdjaC wrote:
    Indeed keeps you indoors.

kdjac

And happy dont forget happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I don't have the movie channels anymore. Got rid of them. How many times do they need to show a movie in a month?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Come to think of it, I don't think I need a Sky sub for anything.

I can get RTE off the aerial and BBC from an English FTV card.

Could get music channels (esp. MTV2) and Premiership footy (minus Andy Gray! :D ) from Hotbird and Eutelsat.

I don't think I'd miss anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I think Skys feckin brillant, Sports Movies and the rest

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Aye, I currently have a UK Family Pack sub but am thinking of cancelling it simply because I don't get much value out of it. It's a pity that there isn't a self-service type package, like 15 channels of your choice for X amount of money.

The only channels I would watch (which I subscribe to) would be Discovery Network, National Geographic, MTV2 (UK), Kerrang!, Sky One, oh, and I mustn't forget UKTV Gold! Wouldnt' miss any of the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I think Sky is rubbish too.

A few years ago, repeats were very rare (unless it was the once-weekly repeat of a popular primetime show at graveyard hours) but now, even prime time slots are mostly repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if i didnt have Sky i'd crack up

this thread should have NTL in the title

Advertisement