Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow E-Mail Download On Digiweb ??

• 24-10-2004 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Lo all,

I'm currently experiencing very slow e-mail download from digiweb. It crawls along for ages & sometimes doesn't even complete downloading, it will just download say 3 out of 8 msgs & then start downloading the 3 again.

Have checked with Digiweb Webmail & that works fine.

I'm on digiwebs bizjet dsl, using outlook 2003 to recieve msgs via pop3.

A m8 of mine is on the other side of dublin, also on digiweb bizjet & is having the same problems.

I sent digiweb a support request, explaining my problem & here is the response i got.

Hello Job,

I looks to me as if a Firewall is blocking the access to one specific email.
    You can try to locate and delete that email by accessing the webmail or temporarily disable the Firewall and Antivirus softwares.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Xxxxx Xxxxx
    Technical Support Agent, Digiweb Ltd.

I have tried deleting all mails on the server via the webmail interface & trying again with outlook, but still the same :(

Anyone else with similar problems or a possible solution to this problem ???

Thx,

Job

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

job wrote:
    Lo all,

I'm currently experiencing very slow e-mail download from digiweb. It crawls along for ages & sometimes doesn't even complete downloading, it will just download say 3 out of 8 msgs & then start downloading the 3 again.

Have checked with Digiweb Webmail & that works fine.

I'm on digiwebs bizjet dsl, using outlook 2003 to recieve msgs via pop3.

A m8 of mine is on the other side of dublin, also on digiweb bizjet & is having the same problems.

I sent digiweb a support request, explaining my problem & here is the response i got.

Hello Job,

I looks to me as if a Firewall is blocking the access to one specific email.
    You can try to locate and delete that email by accessing the webmail or temporarily disable the Firewall and Antivirus softwares.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Xxxxx Xxxxx
    Technical Support Agent, Digiweb Ltd.

I have tried deleting all mails on the server via the webmail interface & trying again with outlook, but still the same :(

Anyone else with similar problems or a possible solution to this problem ???

Thx,

Job

log in to your webmail and delete message 4 is the simplest answer to give :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

I have logged in & deleted all msgs and when more came in, i go to outlook & same things happens all over again.

Could get stuck on msg 1 ,2 ,3 or 4, but seems slow from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I've removed the name of the Digiweb tech support bod from the email you quoted.

Quoting emails is fine, but snip the names out in future if it isn't relevant to the post (that goes to everyone in general).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Yep, shouldn't have really posted that in there, my apologies !

Still troubleshooting the problem with Digiweb. A friend of mine, who lives on the other side of Dublin, also has the same problem, so it's not something on my end.

Will report back the solution, which i have no doubt Digiweb will find, when it is found.

(Just to add, Digiweb's tech support is excellent, in fact, any contact with Digiweb has be simple & effective & would recommend them to anyone !)

Advertisement