Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****in Ipod ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I have had my 3rd gen ipod for a few months now and all ok with battery life so far.
    I have the backlight come on for a 5 sec burst, no shuffle, but went from Dublin to Achill island the other week, due to circumstances it was a 7 hour trip but the thing lasted for a good 6 hours with the ITrip connected, i was chuffed with that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah id reckon its shuffle, what if i make a playlist, would it last longer then ?
    jebuz are you sure you had a problem and are did you try playing it all the way through a playlist ?

il try play list.

its nearly 6 now, and i started listening around 1:30, it might last 30 more min, which makes it 5hrs,
    5hrs on shuffle, is that ok ? or is my battery focked?

thanks for info Roar.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I never knew that having it on shuffle increases the load on the battery. Thats the only way that i use my Creative Zen and i'm getting about 20hrs at a time. At least i know what to do if i want that extra 4hrs. I was thinking about getting an ipod at first, cause i thought with the 4th gen model, the battery thing had been sorted, but maybe not.

I presume that you got it online Placebo, what with the fact you said you were waiting 3 weeks? Its always a pain having to return something which you got in the post, but its better in the long run tbh. I had a minor issue with a camera that i got from Amazon, and i just made the decision to live with the problem rather than send it back, but i think in this case, you should.

In relation to playlists, i don't think that that'll make a difference, as i think the songs are put on in ethier alphabetical or album order

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is your battery actually running down or are you going by the battery meter in the display - the display isn't always that acurate...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I have a 15 Gig Philips mp3 player. Takes 4 hours to charge, and it lasts for about 11 hours. When I'm copying files across, I leave it plugged in, can you not do that with the iPod? My Philips drive was only €130 too

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tk123 wrote:
    Is your battery actually running down or are you going by the battery meter in the display - the display isn't always that acurate...
    yep. the battery indicator on my 3g ipod goes to 3/4 a few minutes after unplugging from a full charge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

13:30 - 20:50

7:20 hrs

now, its lasted 7.20 hrs, i didnt stop it since 13:30.
    The question is = is my battery focked or is that what you all get ?

thank you.

p.s : i turned it on again and now its playing some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

The shuffle theory is very probable I'd say. Thing is it's the shuffle your whole collection feature that sells MP3 players to many people. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Probably easier to create playlists and shuffle them.
    Doesn't the Ipod have an on the go playlist, that adds your most recent songs played to it automatically?

I used to make playlists on my ZEN but after a while it just becomes hassle, far easier to just listen to albums all the way through. Also I got tired of people using it and clearing my playlists without knowing, far too much effort to rebuild them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I had the same problem with charging my 3g ipod. The thing to do is, once it's charged fully, plug out the charger and put it in again. Sometimes you'll find that it'll start charging again. And the battery indicator is a load of rubbish. When mine says that there's only a small amount of power left, the ipod will last for about 3-4 hours more!

And, how come so many people are so eager to knock Apple support! My ipod cacked it (my fault actually, nothing to do with the ipod itself!), and I simple filled out a form on the Apple website on a Friday, they sent a box to me on the Monday, which I put the iPod in, called UPS, they came out teh same day and the following Friday I had a brand new ipod in my hand! All shipping was paid for by Apple, and it was all done in a week! When my Nomad cacked it (again my fault, I really should be more careful!), I never heard back from Creative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Yeah,
    My ipod looses it charge also, Charge it up fully and after a while still reporting full battery it dies,

Digiking

Advertisement