Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprise Surprise

Options
  • 24-10-2004 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

Pre tournament in the Merrion 150 rebuy were informed no top ups an hour in they change the rules allowing top ups, we call for a ruling mags comes down and says "I ran the sunday tournament the last 5 years but somebody else came in this year and he decided to change the rules during the tournament"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

bohsman wrote:
    Pre tournament in the Merrion 150 rebuy were informed no top ups an hour in they change the rules allowing top ups, we call for a ruling mags comes down and says "I ran the sunday tournament the last 5 years but somebody else came in this year and he decided to change the rules during the tournament"

Similar to what I experienced on Thursday - It seems the Thomas Kremser guy (from Late Night Poker) thinks its okay to change the rules during the tournament. During the Irish Open and WPC events this year, (Kremser not involved) there were no topups and you could only rebuy once you lost all your chips.

I don't agree with what happened but I hope this is not going to turn into another rant against the Merrion as Kremser is external to the club and has only been appointed by the event organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sorry but surely when complaints are made it should be a no brainer that kremser and co are over ruled the tournament director isnt even in the building ffs

bohsman wrote:
    Sorry but surely when complaints are made it should be a no brainer that kremser and co are over ruled the tournament director isnt even in the building ffs

Sry bohs, maybe I haven't got this clear!
    Who announced an hour into it that there'd be topups?
    Was it Mags, Was it her idea, suddenly?
    Of course Kremser would be in the RDS.

I dont know, Mags announced it "due to popular demand"

Anyway it was a good tournament just went out in 19th top 13 get paid 1000 up to 20,000 went in with a Q high flush draw, Jacarama has a K high flush draw and it hits, very nice blind structure with no running antes something the fitz need to look at too many tournaments end in crapshoots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Apparently some players asked for it and Mags rang the director

• Advertisement

If some players had asked for omaha would we have played a round of each or different tables play different games. I dont care who made the decision the Americans etc were laughing it was a case "only in Ireland"

You announce no top ups there are no top ups. its as simple as that

Other than that they played 30 minute blinds with 75/150 etc with 708000 chips in play the final table are playing 3000/6000

bohsman wrote:
    You announce no top ups there are no top ups. its as simple as that

Agreed. Of course the visitors are going to want topups - 150 Euro is nothing to them. I would have considered asking for my money back (depending of course on how many chips were in front of me)

Advertisement