Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you know this Film ?

• 01-07-2001 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

I don't know its name or who was in it, I only saw a clip about it on MTV years ago, you guys might know though.

Its some sort of conspiracy film involving men in black and possibly some aliens and coverups. Black Helicopters etc and a car exploding. It came out before MIB and was out before the X-Files if I remember correctly.

This has been bothering me lately. Found nothing when I did an IMDB search.

Hmmmm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Was it Bad Boys (starring Will Smith) ... There were no aliens in that tho.

What is now was once only imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Bad boys also came out after X-Files, had no men in black - Other than an actor from the film 'Men in Black' - Although the leading two actors are african-american. There were also no conspiracy theories in it or cover-ups, and it was most likely never on MTV.

I'm sorry Yellum, I haven't got the fainted clue, do you know the names of any of the actors in it, or even the year?

It's just a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it.

Lucy la morte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You couldn't be any more obscure? rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lucy_la_morte:
    Bad boys also came out after X-Files, had no men in black - Other than an actor from the film 'Men in Black' - Although the leading two actors are african-american. There were also no conspiracy theories in it or cover-ups, and it was most likely never on MTV.
    </font>
    I'm afraid not darling the x-files was first aired in america in 1995 and bad boys was released in 1995. Don't you ever contribute anything productive to the boards Lucy or do you just browse around looking for things you can correct..
    I was just trying to help the guy.. unlike you.. do you honestly think your post was at all helpful?

What is now was once only imagined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

unlike you.. do you honestly think your post was at all helpful?

Slightly more helpful then yours, or do you just like flaming?

[added]

By the way flameboy I checked. Bad Boys (Starring Will Smith) came out in 1995, while X-Files first aired in 1993 so Lucy would be correct.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 01-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Lucy_la_morte was a lot more helpful than you Repli with her suggestions. Without the name of at least an actor or year, it's impossible to guess the film.

Now, a quick question for yellum, did you mean the film came out before MIB and X-Files the movie?

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 01-07-2001).]

Argh, everywhere I post I get attacked.. But then Repli is from the CS boards so I suppose I shouldn't be suprised. smile.gif

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Lucy your comments should not have been attacked like that.

Repli, it had men in black, not black men. White guys in Black Suits, dark sunglasses.

Chubby. It was before the X-Files movie, don't know about the series. 1993, was it that far back ? Wow.

I have this niggling feeling that maybe one of the Bridges was in it but I checked IMDB and they don't seem to have been involved in a flim like that.

No Hobbes, thats as obscure as I can go.

I'll spend a day at work going through every flim in the IMDB next week and will let everyone know.

Good one Yellum, make sure you tell us what film it is when you do find it. smile.gif Must be pretty darn good for you to go through all this trouble heh.

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Lucy its probably a heap of smelly stuff, I dunno, its just that it had this conspiracy idea before the X-Files took off and the idea of Men in Black before MIB.

Thnks for the suggestion Mercury.

Advertisement