Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handheld devices: Is gaming truely mainstream?

Options
  • 24-10-2004 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I don't play handheld games, but if I had a gba, and when I get a DS, i will be playing games in public. I really don't care that people know I'm a gamer, hell people can tell I do something computer related a lot just by looking at me.

I don't think games a truly mainstream yet, though they are nearly there, and I think this years christmas lineup will bring it closer. I won't consider games mainstream until i can say "I like to play games" to someone without expecting a funny look, or until I can talk about games and my friend don't tell me to shut up(the non gamers anyway).

Good topic btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I play my GBA SP on the bus a lot... I really don't care what people around me think of me. Though it's kind of a strange sight, a 20 year old girl playing games at the back of the bus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I play GBA on bus also, cba what others think wario ware is too good to care.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I only play my GBA on long journeys, bus, train, wherever. Couldn't have lived without it when traveling around the states during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I play my GBA on the bus going to and from college when i'm between books. I also don't care what other people think.

Strange that some one playing a GBA on a bus arouses more reaction than micko with his bleeding ears listening to commercial dance or the knackers smoking hash at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I don't see anything wrong with people paying handhelds in public.
    Most of the time i'd be wishing i had one.
    But it is pretty funny to see people playing that are way too into it, like moving around and biting their tongue etc.
    I remember one guy on the dart a while back playing his gba, he was moving about all over the place and sticking his tongue out, everyone in the seats near him was staring at him. :eek:

Killian

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I swear a lot at games and its very embarassing when I swear out load without thinking on the bus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I use my GBA when I'm travelling abroad. Great for passing the time during 3 hour layovers in airports. They're great for planes too. They're also great for hotel rooms when you're completely bored :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

One of the main reasons I'm dreading buying a handheld is that I’ll use it on long distance journeys - the only time I leave for reading books. I want to get a GBA, but might wait for the always-praised next generation, at lease then there is a possibility that the book I’m reading will ever be finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

Advertisement