Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to stay in Cairns

• 24-10-2004 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Lads & Lassies,

I'm off to Oz soon - 6th Nov and I'm trying to book some accomodation in Cairns.

Any recommendations anyone?

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

what style acc are you looking for? Hotel, hostel, etc......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Reasonably good hotel accomodation - equivalent of good irish 3-star

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

SwampThing wrote:
    Reasonably good hotel accomodation - equivalent of good irish 3-star

Cheers

Well, i stayed at some very good hostels but i have no experience of decent hotels i'm afraid....besides the net that is!

Maybe check the cairns touristy websites....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

SwampThing wrote:
    Lads & Lassies,

I'm off to Oz soon - 6th Nov and I'm trying to book some accomodation in Cairns.

Any recommendations anyone?

Cheers..

Skip Cairns and head up the coast to Port Douglas. Its about one hour up the road from Cairns and simply fantastic. I spent 4-5 months there a few years and had a right old blast. Plus you will be there in the off season so no hassle in getting decent cheap accomadation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

City backpackers - Cheap, good atmosphere, bad air con
    Central hostal - Not as cheap, good a/c, new, clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

It's gotta be Cairns I'm afraid - at least for one night - we arrive at 4:30 in the morning.

I'm not too keen on hostels - I'm gonna splash out a bit on this trip.

Thanks again...

Advertisement