Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neck like a Jockey's Bollix Award

Options
  • 25-10-2004 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

This months "Neck like a Jockey's Bollix Award"
    From the Limerick Post
    http://www2.limerickpost.ie/news.elive?category=news
    Murderer loses mobile phone

A MURDERER failed in his application to have a mobile phone returned to him, when the city court heard that it belonged to another young man.

Darren Wallace, 7 Assumpta Park, Limerick, applied under the Police Property Act, for the return of a mobile phone that he had on the night he was arrested in connection with the death of Noel Carmody on September 27, 2003.

Mr Wallace has since been convicted of murder, and is serving a life sentence.

Insp Seamus Gallagher told Judge Tom O’Donnell that he was applying to have the phone returned to Barry O’Sullivan, 33 Ballybrit Heights, Galway.

Mr O’Sullivan told the court that Mr Wallace took the phone off him, and hit him, and threatened him with a Stanley knife at the same time.

"The phone was taken off me. He hit me and took it off me,” said the witness.

Insp Gallagher said that when they arrested Mr Wallace and found the phone on him, they were able to trace Mr O’Sullivan.

Mr Wallace told the court that Mr O’Sullivan had given him the phone voluntarily.

"He owed me money and the phone was given to me by him as something so that I would keep the phone and forget about the money,” he said.

Judge O’Donnell did not accept this account, and ordered that the phone be restored to Mr O’Sullivan.

Tis a great little country, we will all be screwed if they ever close it down

jbkenn

Mods feel free to remove if this is not appropiate

Advertisement