Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC died

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

Thanx lads, I'll try all your suggestions tomorrow, and let you know how I get on!!

Fingers crossed!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

right you are, HDD, PSU, Mainboard, Video Card, Ram and CPU are the standard things to get a system booted. From there add your components, one at a time and if one causes a problem then you'll know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I said it earlier but i havent seen you confirm you checked this. Have you checked the monitor to gfx card cable that it is securely attached the the gfx card.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

Yes I have made sure that the monitor lead is securely tightened to the graphics card, still nothing!!

I have disconnected all the drives, dvd player, dvd burner, hard drive, floppy,

and still nothing.

What will happen if I take out the cmos battery, what does this do??? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

As you can't get into the BIOS to reset to defaults removing the battery momentarly will reset everything, you can also do this with jumpers.. bit i think it will take another 3 pages explaing that concept to you.... i have already told you where to locate the CMOS battery, so remove it, replace it and see if it makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

ShadowFax wrote:
    M.C.S.E :- Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert

Customer: I'm running Windows
    Tech: Yes.
    Customer: My computer isn't working now.
    Tech: Yes, you said that already!!

Bill has sent a trojan into your PC for slagging him off in your sig. You need to go to an internet cafe and write a whole load of dirty emails to Larry Ellison and copy them to Bill so he knows you're back "on side" - then he'll unlock your DVD player.

DO NOT TEMPT HIS WRATH, MORTAL!

Advertisement