Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky + HD problem

• 25-10-2004 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi

Had a problem where programs had recording issues and failed (no reason or info given as to why), but they still take up the space on the HD. I have cleared it off completly and only have 84% left where it should read 100%....

Any idea how to format or clear off this unused space?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Hi Everyone

Hi Dirty Dog,

Now I may be wrong as I dont have Sky+ yet, I'm getting it next week. But it sounds to me that after you have deleted everything in yor hard drive that you have the instant replay on. Instant replay is a feature that when watching a programme you can instantly rewind it at any time. Now if it says 84% Free and your box can hold 20hrs of TV you more than likely have your instant rewind set to 3.2 hrs.

You can turn off this feature by going to Services.

Hope this helps.

Bye,
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

DirtyDog wrote:
    I have cleared it off completly and only have 84% left where it should read 100%....

Do a Full System Reset and it should sort this out.
    (System, 4, 0, 1, Select)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

instant rewind can only be set to 1 hour

i had a similar problem the other day. to fix this i went to services >> 4 >> 0 >> 1 then select what is IIRC the last option and bingo, house keeping will appear (it will delete anything on the HD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Wiggy wrote:
    Do a Full System Reset and it should sort this out.
    (System, 4, 0, 1, Select)

Will that wipe my favorites and series links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

doing what i suggest

favourites will be fine, series links will more than likely go aswell (not too sure about that though)

• Advertisement

when I go into services, system setup (4) - I dont have a "0" to select ? where is the IIRC??? whats the name of the menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

Go in to services. Press 4,0,1, and select in that order. that will bring you in to the installer menu. Press 8 that then will open housekeeping. That will sort things out for you. 0 does not exsist in that menu but you still have to press it anyway on your remote control. Hope that helps you.

thanks guys - got it sorted!!

One more thing, i have this low buzz noise from the picture, seems to get worse with brighter colors (whites etc). is this a tuning thing? I have it connected to the tv via scart and I dont have the same sounds when watching a dvd....any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Hi dirty dog. u need a new scart lead, had this problem myself. ;)

Thanks guys for all the help, HD is sorted and I'll be picking up a new scart tomorrow :)

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement