Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live help

Options
  • 25-10-2004 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

First off, i hope this is in the right forum, and if its not im sorry!

I have eircom broadband, a xbox and the xbox starter kit. My xbox isnt picking up the signal from the modem. I thought it was my xbox but i got a lend of my friends and the same thing is happening. When i try set up a new account it just says it doesnt find a signal/connection. Has anybody got any ideas as what the problem is?

Thanks for any help/advice,
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

anybody?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Sorry m8 don't really know what your problem is but if ya try http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259 they should have more off and idea as they deal more with this type of setup.

hope ya get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Make sure all the wires are connected properly would be the first most obvious step to take I guess.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Did you let the xbox detect the settings automatically? It would be much better for you to go into the dash and set it up yourself.
    Do you have your modem connected directly into your xbox or are you going via a router?

Did you let the xbox detect the settings automatically? It would be much better for you to go into the dash and set it up yourself.
    Do you have your modem connected directly into your xbox or are you going via a router?

The modem was connected directly into my xbox. Firstly i tried playing one of the demo's i got with the starter kit anad just sent me to the set up screen saying it couldnt establish a connection. So then i turned everything off, reset the modem, then turn the xbox on without any discs in, tried setting it up by going to the xbox live menu and setting up a new account but same thing again. Ive tried both these ways a few times, on my xbox and my friends xbox aswell

• Advertisement

Its best if you go in and manually enter your IP address - subnet mask, default gateway and DNS primary and secondary.
    You can get all the above from your ISP (eircom).

I would recommend geting a router anyways so you can have your oc and xbox run simultaneously. A router makes using the xbox much easier because you can dictate your own IP settings within your home network.

If you still have trouble try email xbox support - they will take a while but usualy are pretty good. if your in a rush call them.
    Go through this place first though:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/start/connect/faq/troubleshooting.htm

Thanks for that eskimo! Would i have to ring eircom to get my IP address - subnet mask, default gateway and DNS primary and secondary?

yep. the should have already given you that.
    Also tell them you are wanting to play xbox live, they might have additonal advice.

Happy gaming. xbox live is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

xbox live was down for most of Sunday. Thats why you couldn't connect.

in future, sign up for the xbox live forum, they* generally post there if theres problems.

*Microsoft

i didnt try xbox live on sunday. ive tried it about 5 or 6 time sin the last month and no joy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

if you turn on your pc, go to the command prompt and type "ipconfig" you'll get your info as well. (as long as you aint using a router :) )

Advertisement