Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet piercing

Options
  • 25-10-2004 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where you can get your pets pierced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Jim10000 wrote:
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where you get your pets pierced?

that is cruelty, i dont know anywhere that would do that, its a disgrace

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahh here your not ****in serious?
    What pet have you got and what you thinking of getting pierced on him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Pierce it yourself ya freak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just get a sharp knife and a bit of glue, can't be that difficult

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Whats the glue for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

to glue the animals paws together so it can't run away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

roffle!

Excellent stuff.

Mordeth wrote:
    to glue the animals paws together so it can't run away
    haha

I could also see a pet going mental with the pain and keep scratching at the piercings to get it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

It is not my pet. it's a freinds in Dublin and i was going to do it for a suprise when I go there, but i don't really know what kind of peircing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You better be joking, because that is just damn cruel. Probably illegal. How the hell would you like someone to come along and jam a piece of metal through you without your consent and with no way of stopping them? Oh wait, isn't that torture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

What the hell would you want to pierce a pet for?

I wouldnt be suprised if you got done for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

troll alert.......but if not, that's just ****ing wrong! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

Jim10000 wrote:
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where you can get your pets pierced?

arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Troll or idiot gob****e

Pick one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

how do farmers tag sheep

By tagging them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

KlodaX wrote:
    how do farmers tag sheep

good point.....ears get "pierced" for that.

On the other hand there is a valid reason for that and not merely some cosmetic/aesthetic one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Jim10000 banned!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

bannage!
    good man,animal cruelty hidden under acceptable human social behaviour,your friend should be put down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I LOVE this thread. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I LOVE this thread. :p

Agreed, this is the funniest thread i have read in a long while and i'm a vegetarian. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't worry about it, this guy is a troll. If he wasn't I'd have him hunted down and castrated otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

fair enuff ure man was acting a gob****e but cows are tagged and race horses are tattooed, not as if this stuff doesnt happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

j0e9o wrote:
    fair enuff ure man was acting a gob****e but cows are tagged and race horses are tattooed, not as if this stuff doesnt happen

In the cases you talk about there is a legal or functional requirement to have the tagging or the tattoo done, there is no requirement to pierce a dog for fun.
    Not at all the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Plus it was really creepy. It's one thing to pierce something that can consciously give its consent, ie. a human. It's completely different to stick a needle through the nearest chihuahua!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Not at all the same thing.

that wasnt my point it was that it still happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

This IS a class thread.

Getting yourself pierced - 40euro

Thinking of gettting your pet a piercing - free

Thinking that it is something another person has looked into before - PRICELESS

Funny guy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

j0e9o wrote:

these people are also arseholes and just because its excepted doesnt make it right.

on a side note theres a bit on bme about this sort of stuff, pierced goldfish believe it or not, http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20040201.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

this is bloody odd, would never contemplate piercing my dogs or cats, found this below on BME, bloody wrong, would they not just rip it out with their paw??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

In the Unusual Piercing section of BMEzine, they have an Animal Piercing section. Underneath most of the pictures are either warnings that the animal will bite/scratch/peck at the piercing and either rip it out or do itself injury, or requests that if you disapprove of animal piercing that you appeal to your local authorities about banning it.
    I read the article about fish piercing a while back, and I got the impression that it wasn't too bad seeing as the fish would not remember it and could not pull at it and that the piercing, as it was a labret and not a fin piercing, did not affect the fish's swimming, but with any other domestic animal I would not approve. We make the choice to get modified, animals don't.

Advertisement