Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard disk question.

• 25-10-2004 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

I left one of my mates to burn a cd while i went to work from my mp3 disk( Yes i know, bad mistake). I came back and turned back on my computer and it told me that the volume label was corrupt and unreadable.

I checked all the system logs and found nothing "out of the ordinary", im wondering is this maliciously possible or is there software that can achieve this. Given the fact that i disabled the network for broadband before i left him alone with it.

I had been getting consistency warnings in the past and had to check for errors. Did it just die at the wrong time or is he to blame? Ive had to format and i am considering finding recovery software. If recovery is possible now that ive formatted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

No you can't system recover after a format but you might be able to use software to recover some of the files.. try Ontracks EasyRecovry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ontrack worked perfectly, thank you optikus.

Advertisement