Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's It Worth

• 25-10-2004 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hello all.
    I have a Meade catadioptric Telescope. I've used it a half dozen times and never really got the chance to use it properly (I've no patients). Perhaps some of you out there can help me put a price on it as I want to put it in Buy and sell.

The Spec's (As I remember them... I'm in work now.)

Meade ETX-125 EC
    Autostar controller (Plus standard controller)
    4 Super Plossl lens (Can't remember size... good spread though)
    x2 lens
    Moon Filter
    45 degree erecting prism
    T-mounts x2 (35mm SLR Pentax / Nikon)
    Hard carry case
    Delux field Tripod
    All manuals / Instructions.

Scope is as new (Perfect condition). About four years old.
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

If it's in excellent condition as you say I would expect you to get at least 700 euro for it.
    Some of the other guys in here would have a better idea though.
    I think they retail new for about 900 pounds at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FAB24

Thanks for that.
    Yes it is in 'As New' condition. That sounds like a good price. I'll advertise it at that and see what comes in. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

FAB24 wrote:
    Thanks for that.
    Yes it is in 'As New' condition. That sounds like a good price. I'll advertise it at that and see what comes in. :D

Youmight also like to post it at the For Sale section on http://www.irishastronomy.org/boards/index.php

Current retail looks like Stg900ish without the extras you have (deluxe field tripod, lunar filter, multiple eyepieces, hard case).

http://www.ukastroads.co.uk/ is another place to advertise, and possibly more importantly to scan to see what sort of price you should be asking for. eg from september:
    FOR SALE: ETX90EC UHTC/ 884 Field Tripod/ 497 Autostar/Meade right angle viewfinder /Meade hard dew shield/26mm super plossl/Flexifocus/Tripod
    carry bag.
    Will be shipped with all original manuals and packaging. This scope is only six months old and great condition, unfortunately I need to sell to fund next scope. £400 ono

Thank you all for the info. I'll stick it onto that link and see what happens.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

You can post a link from this forum to where ever you list it for sale, someone here may be interested also.

• Advertisement

Sold To John O'neil (registered User) Through P.m.'s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement