Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink Training 2004

Options
  • 25-10-2004 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Just a reminder that Pink Training 2004 is almost upon us. It's a really great weekend and I'd strongly recommned getting in touch with your LGB Soc or Students' Union if you would like to attend! (Although I'm not officially a delegate this year so there might not be repeat of the Room 35 shenanigans ;) )

From the USI LGBT campaign website...

The 2004 USI LGBT ''Pink Training'' will be held in University College Cork on the weekend of November 5th to 7th. Accommodation is secured at ''Sheilas hostel'' and ''Bru hostel'' to accommodate the huge numbers which attend yearly. Facilitators and all the frills which make it one of the best weekends of the year are being organised now.

This year's PT will differ slightly from last year with a new layout and new focus on certain issues including marginalisation, activism in Ireland and Europe as well as some of the usual S.H.A.G. , in's and out's of lgbt societies, coming out modules etc. Concurrent modules will be run for delegates who do not wish to attend certain modules.

In a new twist, breakfast on both mornings will be optional in ''Sheila's hostel'' at E2 per morning. Owing to not many people having breakfast on both mornings, I dont see why we should be charging you for it, so we're not!If ya want breakfast, you can pay for it seperately! Food on saturday evening is similar, owing to the college catering not being available in the evening ie after 7pm when last module is complete, food can be procured in cork city where cullinary delights i'm sure will be readily available!

Everything has been given a make over, from the intro to the table quiz, the Saturday schedule and Sunday schedule. Saturday wont start until 10 and Sunday wont start until 11am so plenty of time for sleep!

So watch this space daily for updates

www.usilgb.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

as well as some of the usual S.H.A.G.

What does S.H.A.G. stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Sexual Health Awareness And Guidance

See here

Christ, and you're the college students.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

you crazy students and your S.H.A.G.ging.

well, apart from our esteemed mods ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

And I have it on good authority that the female S.H.A.G. will be much improved on last year's less than satisfactory "module."

Really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Pink Training is a highly recommended event that I have been at twice. If you have the chance go! I could speak for hours about my own positive experiences but I'm not gonna. If you are a LGB student and a member of USI you really shouldn't miss this

It was extremely difficult to get someone to host a seminar on Sexual Health last year for both men and women

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Johnnymcg wrote:
    If you are a LGB student and a member of USI you really shouldn't miss this

What if you are still in secondary school (like me)?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's only open to students of USI affiliated institutions unfortunately. Your best bet is to contact an LGB soc in a nearby college and beg them to let you go with them :)

Unfortunately Pink Training is only for 3rd level students

Dunno if you are Dublin Based or not but the belong to group is excellent:

http://www.belongto.org/index.php

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Sorry Rredwell just noticed you are from Galway

As the deadline has now passed you're not prob going to able to go anyway

The group below may be of interest to you

http://www.outwestireland.ie/

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

It's a shame there's no group for Irish LGB youth of secondary school age. Even an Irish version of the www.gayyouthuk.co.uk website would be a step in the right direction. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Johnnymcg wrote:
    The group below may be of interest to you

http://www.outwestireland.ie/

I already contacted them, and they are based mostly in Co. Mayo. However I have emailed PLUTO, NUIG's gay soc., so I now have a group to take oart in. However, a youth group specifically for my age group would be great.

I know a few people who were in Pluto last year and they were really sound, hopefully they are still involved! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭boomdogman

How things have changed! So glad to see that people are doing better. When I was in school there was no gay people in the world, I was going through a phase and would go to hell if it didn't pass.

Tho the captain of the Laois Gaelic Football team helped by being openly gay!!!

Ladies' Football or Mens'?

Advertisement