Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What the hell SHOULD be remade????

• 25-10-2004 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Lots of people are moanin about the amount of films that are going to/have been remade... well i ask you this... what films should be remade?

What films were you passionate about seeing,, you just couldn't wait till it came into the cinema and then after the film you just couldn't believe what a load of absolute ****e it was!!! i personally think they should remake the second matrix due to the fact that it suks a$$!!! :(

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

obvious: matrix 3 at least, but id prefer 2 and 3 together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory.

although i love it, a version more closer to the book would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i was so unimpressed with the second one that i didn't bother with the third.. however i have heard the third ain't that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

newband wrote:
    however i have heard the third ain't that bad
    Thought the 3rd was worse than the 2nd myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

MrPinK wrote:
    Thought the 3rd was worse than the 2nd myself

me too, the second was 'eh wtf? but maybe it'll all work out ok in the end.'

but the third was AAAH my ****ing eyes. Someone shoot me, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Casablanca .. the digitally inhanced version... with special effects ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

War of the worlds.

But much closer to the book this time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory.

although i love it, a version more closer to the book would be great.
    Eh, a bit llike Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Out next year, starring Johnny Depp and directed by Tim Burton.
    LoLth wrote:
    War of the worlds.
    Eh, a bit like War of the Worlds? Out next year, starring Tom Cruise and directed by Steven Spielberg.

Remake Alien vs. Predator - so so much potential... wasted...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

remaking war of the worlds?

*bangs his head off the wall*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ixoy wrote:
    Eh, a bit llike Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Out next year, starring Johnny Depp and directed by Tim Burton.
    [monty burns] excellent [/monty burns]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Mordeth wrote:
    remaking war of the worlds?

*bangs his head off the wall*
    Definitely.
    The original movie was a cheesy piece of high camp that bore very little resemblence to the original book. It was just another in a long stream of dull earth-being-invaded movies, like Invaders From Mars and suchlike. Don't get me wrong, I still see the appeal of it.. it's remarkably entertaining, but as an adaptation of a fantastic piece of science fiction literature, it fails miserably.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 2 did some remarkable things, taking the original novel of War of the Worlds for its inspiration. If they can manage to re-create even half of that, it'll be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

This is easy. How many times have you read a book, then seen the film, and come out thinking the movie didn't even begin to do justice to the book. Remake those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damnation Alley, great book - lousy film.

Mike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,040 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing! Leave the films as they are or at least do a loosely based on film like scarface.

The classics should be rereleased and shown again not remade.

Edit: Although I would like to see a live action wings of honneamise done by some one competent and with a decent budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

mike65 wrote:
    Damnation Alley, great book - lousy film.

Mike.

God I didn't think anyone else had seen that brutal film.

Re-makes that work. The remake of the Thomas Crown Affair. The original had dated so badly (dodgy split screen, bad music, 70s style) and the re-make updated the idea excellently (instead of stealing $50grand from himself he robs the Met) great soundtrack, great chemistry between the leads, excellent Faye Dunaway cameo, you can even forgive the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

Rant/Absolutley nothing hollywood should be banned for making movies for a few years.As time and time again all they can come out with is mindless drivel.
    ban hollywood now./Rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ixoy wrote:

Eh, a bit like War of the Worlds? Out next year, starring Tom Cruise and directed by Steven Spielberg.

Nope, not like that. I said closer to the book not "brought forward to the present day" and definitely not yet another America is the centre of the world flick. Original BOOK setting please. Worked wonderfully for the PC game. would be a classic film. me off to sulk and think unhappy thoughts aimed at spielberg and cruise.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

LoLth wrote:
    Nope, not like that. I said closer to the book not "brought forward to the present day" and definitely not yet another America is the centre of the world flick. Original BOOK setting please. Worked wonderfully for the PC game. would be a classic film. me off to sulk and think unhappy thoughts aimed at spielberg and cruise.....
    Ah but a re-imagining never hurt anyone... I'm assuming you hated the TV series?
    I just assumed that the new film was set in the original time frame... I didn't think they'd update it. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit...
    Check out Tad William's Otherland which, if I remember correctly, has a nice take on 'War of the Worlds' as well as twisting various other old classic fantasy stories.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm thinking mainly videogame-based films here...

Mortal Kombat. A decent storyline built into the original game, which got utterly ignored in the film - never mind the way the characters were changed to suit the utterly crap new plot. I won't even mention the atrocity against humanity that was MK : Annihilation.

Street Fighter the live-action movie should also be remade, preferably by someone who understands what made the manga version so good.

Resident Evil. And, probably, any sequels. Although I would settle for just destroying every print of the existing films.

Super Mario Brothers. This could possibly be a very good (although admittedly very surreal) film with the right approach.

Of course, it's worth noting that most if not all videogame movies are awful crap anyway, so maybe I should just stop trying to think of specific examples. That'll do for now...

Fysh wrote:
    I'm thinking mainly videogame-based films here...

Yeah I think that boat has sailed, and we need to step away from the video game based film sub genre has said everything it can say.

Unless you were going to make a Max Payne movie with Linda Fiorentino as Mona and Nic Cage as Max

• Advertisement

how about a film about the video game shinobi?? that would be kik a$$..

newband wrote:
    how about a film about the video game shinobi?? that would be kik a$$..

Why yes running forward in a linear manner throwing ninja stars at an endless horde of ninjas and ocasionally fighting a big boss.

Why hasn't hollywood thought of this before. Tell you what newband you start writing and I'll get Eszterhas over to give the script a polish while Bay and Bruickheimer start location scouting. :rolleyes:

shut%20up.JPG;)

Wow, I feel so put in my place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Mortal Kombat wasn't that bad, in a cheesy kind of way.
    Stupid the way they killed every bad guy in it though (only for them all to come back in Annhilation bar Shang Tsung. Annhilation being the worst dvd I own, although I'll defend owning it purely because Talisa Soto is a goddess.), and it didn't really go with the game story at all. Compared to the live action Street Fighter it's a masterpiece.

Advertisement