Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions of Good Tunes

• 25-10-2004 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

My music taste is going in odd ways of late and I'm looking for suggestions. The way I'm sort of moving towards is coming of the back of NIN, Mad capsule markets, Aphex Twin, Groove Armada, basement jaxx ... I've been listening to alot of chill out compilations and been out to a few Drum and bass events. I'm kinda all over the shop and open to suggestions. My favourite bands of all time are The beta band, soundgarden and queen... not that any of them are exactly electronic.

My question .. and the reason of the post ... any suggestions on new tunes? This is in the electronic section cause thats what I'm looking for. Sort off Drum and bass stuff .. but not really heavy ... just till I get started :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

get incunabula by autechre and moon safari by air as well as homework by daft punk.
    on the drum and bass side of things get timeless by goldie, the deepest cut by omni trio and if you can get your hands on it get 'deadly beats' by kenny ken.
    thats a nice starting ground.
    oh and get everything, everything by underworld (the dvd or cd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

cheers. I shall do that.

I've been searching dnb sites .. but most of the stuff is not downloadable.
    The bear just ain't sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

griffdaddy wrote:
    get incunabula by autechre

Seconded, one of my favourite albums evarr. Hard to believe it was produced ten years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

fruitlover, do you have any idea what that piano sample is in lowride? i dont think it's autechre's originally and i've googled but to no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Just a random suggestion here: Alec Empire. Some of his older stuff, (like "Euphoric") is d'n'b.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Try some of these acts and artists:

Zero 7
    Royksopp
    Goldfrapp
    Future Sound Of London
    Portishead
    Mylo
    Bonobo
    Blue States
    Lamb
    Laika
    Nils Petter Molvaer
    St Germain

To name just a few! :)

If they don't keep ya going I don't know what will!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Ive been listening to a lot of chill out and Ambient lately,stuff like FSOL,The Orb,Biosphere,etc,etc....... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

cheers for the suggestions

I'm really loving autechre... made a compilation with them and salmonella dub.. turned out sweet.

Giles, I have Lamb, St Germain, Portishead and Goldfrapp... so I'm trusting the rest of your suggestions! :) Thanks a mil... I'll get to work finding the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

If you have a credit card and a half decent internet connection check out www.allofmp3.com for downloads. They charge only 8euro for 1 gig of music and their collection is awesome!

I started a thread a good few months ago in Bargain Alerts if you want more info on the site. Here it is!

Enjoy... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

afx > autechre

they're still damn good though. early stuff that is. gantz graf can go suck my dick. i have draft 7.30 but still haven't gotten around to listening to it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm going to assume you already listen to Orbital, but if not you should. On the faster end try and check out sets by Plump DJs or High Contrast, breaks and D'nB, or check out 1FM's or 1Xtra's D'nB charts and shows online at the BBC website. Constant good flow streaming of music on there to trawl through and you use the tracklistings pages to find out what tracks are by who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Check out some Boards of Canada.
    Music Has The Right to Children and Geogaddi are good albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

CHROMEO

They are the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Sigur Ros - Icelandic band, pretty cool. They did a lot of stuff with radiohead and were an influence on their 'new sound' post kid-a.

Rollers/Sparkers - Dublin based electronic band. Really good debut album.

Leftfield - Their 2 albums 'Leftism' and 'Rhythm and Stealth' are must have dance albums, especially 'Leftism'

Advertisement