Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online config issues.

Options
  • 25-10-2004 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've tried going online a few times recently to play q3 since getting broadband. But every time I connect to a server some other config loads up, my controls are still the same for the most part, but graphics are different, I've no crosshair, and am unable to bring up the scoreboard, as I usually can, any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Cheers.
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You using OSP. Sometimes when you have an OSP config, and you try to connect to a server using the standard baseq3 directory, lots of stuff messes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Yeah, only ever started q3 with fs_game osp. So I overwrote baseq3/q3config.cfg with osp/q3config.cfg and then played with Punkbuster a bit and thing are okay as regards how I see things in game. But punk buster occasionally give a message about 0 cvar errors or something an my machine crashes. I can work around it, but finally getting to play some q3 online. But damn I've in the space of 2 hours grown to really despise punkbuster and anyone involved in it's invention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Okay, I keep getting "0 cvar violations" message from PB in q3 a few seconds after joining a server and my machine hangs. Even the 3 fingered salute won't bring it back. Anyone any ideas what is causing it, or better still, how to get rid of it?

Advertisement