Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digisender

• 25-10-2004 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Am looking for a digisender, cheap is good, good quality and the ablility to use the sky remote to change the channels while in the other room would be nice...

Any recommendations? Dublin area, am willing to buy online also...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭oconnorw

A POWERMLD MADE BY MARMITEK AVAILABLE AT PEATS FOR PARTS IS WHAT YOU NEED. IT ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE DIGIBOX FROM ANOTHER ROOM.
    HOWEVER REQUIRES A COAX CONNECTION BETWEEN THE TWO TV'S.

The wireless digisenders available in argos catallogue are crap. They are affected by microwave transmissions. each time the microwave is turned on you lose the signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Must disagree, if you are going to run a cable then a simple tv link is cheaper and neater
    oconnorw wrote:
    A POWERMLD MADE BY MARMITEK AVAILABLE AT PEATS FOR PARTS IS WHAT YOU NEED. IT ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE DIGIBOX FROM ANOTHER ROOM.
    HOWEVER REQUIRES A COAX CONNECTION BETWEEN THE TWO TV'S.

The wireless digisenders available in argos catallogue are crap. They are affected by microwave transmissions. each time the microwave is turned on you lose the signal.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

No the whole point is I don't want to run a cable! :)
    I want to go the digisender route...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

oconnorw wrote:
    That's a very broad statement to make. Have you every actually used one?

I have been using one for a couple of years now without problems, even when I do my microwave pizza, no problems. It also allows you to change channels on your Sky box.

I can't recommend them highly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

chump wrote:
    No the whole point is I don't want to run a cable! :)
    I want to go the digisender route...

yes of course which is why a powermid would not help you

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

exactly...
    so am still luking for a digisender that is very good value...
    will check out the argos one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

@chump: Check out Maplins (Dublin & Galway). They had videosenders there for approx. 45 euro when i was looking a couple of months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

My brother has a digisender. "digisender".

Its rubbish and does get interference from his microwave etc..

He also has the digieye for the remote, and its such a task changing the channel etc..

So don't get the "digisender" model. Get another type....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

My Lidl one (Welltech) is working just fine. I bought it about this time last year, maybe November.
    I read here before that they tend to repeat similar offers around the same time of year, so look out for one there.
    My only complaint is I can't get a 2nd receiver, which would be handy.
    Get the newsletter emailed, it's handy to get anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've got a Maplin Digisender and it works grand - they often have them on special offer. The microwave thing is not a huge issue unless you're some kind of ready meals fanatic! If you have a wireless router you may have to fiddle around a bit with the channel settings on the digisender and/or your router to avoid interference (I had to).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

I got the Philips VL1200 digisender ( available in Argos, but cheaper in Power City ) and I have no complaints. The picture is very clear apart from when running the microwave, plus you have the option of purchasing additional receivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The Argos senders are Ok. Shop around for def as Maplins usually take a bit of beating, Saying that I was up in Enniskillen and got a one for all videosender kit for £25 which was very cheap for a branded product. The only downside to these are like people are saying, Microwave ovens and wirless broadband router's. I have both Microwave oven (So does the neighbours) and a wireless router. The router I think I have adjusted the channel now for least interference (Not perfect) but the local microwaves in the neighbourhood are a nightmare. My opinion is use a coax connection (If you can) and an infra red remote sender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

snaps, where in Enniskillen did you get the one4all for £25?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Currys.

Advertisement