Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P900 Setup?

Options
  • 25-10-2004 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I have a spanky new p900 and wonder can someone give me a high level idea as to how to do the following:-

I wanna be able to surf the web
    I wanna be able to check POP mail (from a host.ie mail server) I also heard that it can work like a blackberry?

I have pm'ed some of the genius types on here but I think better have the answers here for other people.

Thanks!

(edit : also can u use messenger? :) thanks!) :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, what operator are you with and is it a pre/post pay account (also did you get it from an operator or SIM-Free yourself)?

blackberry functionality on the P900 isn't supported by our operators (as yet)

Agile Messenger is a good IM client

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

hi!

I am on vodafone (contract not pre paid)

I got the phone sim free.

Will check out Agile Messenger nice one.

So if no blackberry usage yet can I still get reg pop mail?

Many thanks for the response!

Hi, On Voda Contract you have two options to get your email - connecting using GPRS (pay per Kb, over any inclusive data allowance), or HSCSD [28.8 kbps on network call] (pay per second, over any inclusive minutes). Which is best can depend on which tariff you are on and other factors...

You may need to contact Vodafone Data support (18502870000) to check / request access to the GPRS isp.vodafone.ie Access Point and HSCSD High Speed Data services.

Sony Ericsson have an online configuration tool that can assist in setting up these settings. ISP Settings username and password is vodafone, leave the DNS blank. You'll need to have your email details to hand e.g. incoming (pop) server, outgoing (smtp) server, username, password, email address...

If you have difficulty getting it working using that tool, post back and the manual ones will be provided.

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

Thanks for that, all is now working perfect all I was missing was the call vodafone part (which took seconds)

thanks!

take a look at their monthly inclusive data option, unfortunately they only have a 3MB option for personal handset users, but can work out cheaper than the 'pay as you use' pricing - especially when using the likes of a Smartphone - keep an eye on your GPRS Data Counters...

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement