Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2 not reading ps2 discs

Options
  • 25-10-2004 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Have a ps2 here and it will read ps1 games and thats about it,
    wont read any dvd's or ps2 games,
    havent taken the lid off it to check it out just in case there might be an easier solution to the problem,any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I couldn't exactly tell you what the problem is but I can offer a couple of suggestions (if you haven't already tried them). First thing I would clean the lens. I know it's reading PS1 games but it's harder to read PS2 than 1. If that's not the problem I would take it apart and look at it. I've had to take mine apart once because it wasn't running at all, but I fixed it (forgot how but it's working now). And one final thing I posted a "thread" a few weeks ago and I wouldn't play dvd's on it. It screws up the lens. I would read the "thread" if you want more on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

you want to give me a link to this "thread" ?

Advertisement