Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Education Change..

Options
  • 26-10-2004 1:37am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know this isn't the greatest forum to ask in, but its the closest I could find where I knew I could get a decent answer... if the mods want to move it then feel free!

Basically I'm trying to get information on a recent announcement by the British Gov. that they plan on (or are thinking about) introducing a system where you pick your college courses after you get your results rather than before.

Does anyone know more about this? Any site i can visit that will tell me more about it, and when its coming into effect?

Thanks alot,

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

No clue, but I'm willing to leave the thread here for a bit.

jc

That is likely to be happening yes, but not implimented yet.
    It will probably be effective next year,I remember hearing a news report on it recently.

Thanks to asking jeeves, heres an article on it.
    Hope that helps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Cheers Bonkey for your help, and thanks Earthman, that article did the trick on setting me in the right direction!

http://www.admissions-review.org.uk/ is the official site of the review for anyone interested, now I can get cracking with my brief!

flogen

Advertisement