Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to get a cat neutered

• 26-10-2004 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

My mate has a pet cat and she has had a batch of kittens a while ago.
    but now he wants to bring her to the vet to get her "done" so she won't have any more, just wondering does anyone have any idea how much this would probably cost.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Very simple and straightforward operation- very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

its around 50-60 for a cat ask your local rescue centre as they often have promotions & may know where to get it done more cheaply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

bring a pair of scissors and €100 to my house and i can get it sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Optiplex,

Unless you have something to add to the conversation, don't bother replying...

'

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm surprised you still have to pay for it. With all the stray cats about the place, you'd think there would be a government scheme where it's free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It was €50 to get my cat snipped last year but he's a boy and as far as I know the procedure is easier for males - he had no stitches(?!?). Ring your vet and they'll tell you whats involved...

northern ireland have a few ads running about getting it done for dogs and its only £10 for low income families so 40€ aint all that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Its a lot less hassle doing a male than female, they'll both have stitches but some vets use a certain type that break up and don't require you to bring your cat back in t get them taken out. I'd also advise you to make it as comfartable as possible if its a female, they really have rough time of it when they wake up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Excellent, thanks for the help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

50 to 60 euro. But shop around .. cause I got quoted almost 120 euro at a Dublin vet surgery just for shots for one cat!! I was quoted only 40 euro for the same in Navan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Think it cost us about €50 last year to get our cat done. I'm based in Tipperary, dunno about Dublin prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

€50-€60 sounds about right. Great to see someone being responsible about their pets.

Advertisement