Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Server SP4 + ATi 9200SE driver problem

• 26-10-2004 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

I'm having a weird problem with win2ksvr 2p4 and installing an ATi driver for a Radeon 9200SE.
    The machine is an Elite K7VTA3. It is up to date in BIOS and runs a KT333 chipset with an XP2000+ and 512Mb of DDR333.

I installed in this order, OS, 4in1s (default, everything installed), DX9, catalyst pack. However, when the installer for the catalyst gets to the driver install bit, it reports "INF Error: Video driver Missing" and then it says "Try installing a standard VGA driver first".

Then it stops.

Now, this problem was reported as being fixed in SP2. So I installed SP4 and tried again, to no avail, same problem. I have tried the Catalyst pack, the Omegas and the original Saphire drivers that came with the card with no Joy.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers,

LD

Advertisement