Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Individual Tuition - Best German Teacher

• 26-10-2004 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am seeking a really serious teacher for German who is willing to give me individual tuition. If anyone can tell me who the best person for the job is I would appreciate it. I am looking for someone who is really an inspired teacher and I am not too concerned about money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Angel28

Where are you based? What level of German do you already have?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dankco

Ich kann gut lesen aber ich kann nicht sprechen, auch ich habe schlecht grammatik. Ich wohne in(bei?) Rathmines, aber ich muss jetzt "move out".

I am a pretty quick learner. I have only ever learned out of a couple of books. But I am interested in pursuing properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Angel28

I am based in Wexford so unfortunately can't be of much help to you. Did you try the Goethe Institut in Merrion Square? They run courses in German all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭isolde

Ich würde auch das Goethe Institut empfehlen. Ein Freund von mir nimmt an einen Kurs dort teil und hatte bis jetzt viel Erfolg gehabt. Er konnte vorher gar kein Deutsch. Ich weiß doch nicht, ob es auch ein Kurs für Fortgeschrittene gibt.

Wenn du von Rathmines nach Deutschland umziehen könntest, hättest du eine ideale (aber wahrscheinlich ganz unrealistische..!) Lösung! Ich hab ein Jahr in Deutschland verbracht und mein Deutsch hat sich viel verbessert. Aber ich studiere Deutsch an der Uni, also ist es nicht nur ein Hobby..

Du könntest auch Fragen stellen.. was weiß ich.. über Wortstellung oder andere Grammatik usw und die Leute hier werden wahrscheinlich versuchen, dir zu helfen.. es gibt ein paar Leute hier, die hervorragendes Deutsch können, meiner Meinung nach..

---

I'd really recommend the Goethe Institut too.. a friend of mine does a course there and he's learned loads.. before he did the course he couldn't speak a word of German at all. I'm not sure if they have an intermediate course though, or whether it's just a general free-for-all sorta thing (it's definitely not "free" though ;))

If you could move from Rathmines to Germany, you'd be sorted! Presume that's completely unrealistic though. I spent a year in Germany and it really helped my German. I study it at uni though so it's a different situation..

The only other thing I can think of is if you post any questions you might have here (that is if you're continuing to teach yourself) and people here will help you where they can..

(not literally translated but you get the gist :))

~ isolde

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dankco

Thanks. I did try the Goethe Institut actually, but I am just a nut for individual tuition. I make a lot more progress that way for some reason....

• Advertisement
Advertisement