Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bumfights 3

• 26-10-2004 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this or any of the series? What did you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I've seen it.
    It is a disturbing show.
    Initially funny but then it becomes disturbing.
    Pretty sick to be honest.
    Much better is Bumhunts.
    Tongue in cheek spoof of Steve Irwin except hunting.....bums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I've seen Vol 1, its Ok worth a laugh i'd say the newer ones are better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I watched the trailer and found it so disturbing that I would never watch the full thing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've read about it - this is the show with random topless girls and homeless guys being paid to beat each other up, yeah? I can imagine it being morbidly fascinating (in that horrible "this is actually real" way) for a bit, but I'm somewhat concerned that it's been popular enough to lead to several seasons of a series...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm pretty hard to offend but this sh!t is awful.

It would make me sick to my stomach to watch even an animal be treated like that.

One scene has this big black kid throwing digs repeatedly into the spine of this little black kid while he holds his head between his legs. All the spectators are telling him that enough is enough and to stop but nobody stops him.

Another scene shows them giving one of the bums a big bottle of piss to drink. He drinks it all down and asks for another. Then he gets really sick and they take the piss out of him.

These guys are the scum of the earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Really, this takes reality tv to its shítty, but inevitable conclusion. I've nothing to offer but my utter disgust.

[RANT] This is the first cousin of buying organs from people in poor countries. Throw a couple of grand in the direction of india and you can get yourself a new kidney. Its so extremely abhorrent, that my headphones are going to melt from the fire coming out of my ears. bedlam, I dunno how you could actually sit through 2 of them. [/RANT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

horrible horrible horrible

someone d/l it from the internet and i was shocked by watching it. i left after 10 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Yeah I've unfortunately seen some of it. Tooth-pulling is the worst by far but the whole thing is just sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

disgusting
    does anyone reading this like it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

I thought it was HILARIOUS, well for a few minutes at least.

I hate when people say "OOOH Now I'm not easily offended...BUT THIS REALLY OFFENDED ME" etc. IM not easily offended and this film did not offend me one bit. I heard about it after seeing a special on sky news. It's just a load of knackers fighting - who cares.

I'm downloading part 3 right now. I'd never pay for this shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They are taking advantage of people. I for one don't see that as fun and it bothers me so obviously I care.

adjodlo wrote:
    It's just a load of knackers fighting - who cares.
    you didnt see the parts with the homeless guys?

adjodlo wrote:

I hate when people say "OOOH Now I'm not easily offended...BUT THIS REALLY OFFENDED ME" etc. IM not easily offended and this film did not offend me one bit. I heard about it after seeing a special on sky news. It's just a load of knackers fighting - who cares.

I hate you.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

adjodlo wrote:

This guy gave me negative rep because I said this kinda thing was sick !?!?!?! Are you old enough to be using a computer you immature little bolax ?

Tusky wrote:
    This guy gave me negative rep because I said this kinda thing was sick !?!?!?! Are you old enough to be using a computer you immature little bolax ?
    Ditto me, but I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure a reciprocal action on your behalf will be far more effective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i saw bumfights part 2, and while many parts of it did make me feel a little sick inside I still enjoyed it. bling bling was... a mental bastard, the part I enjoyed least was him robbing all the cars.. just felt bad for all the people who's **** he robbed. and wtf was the security in that carpark? He was making a whole hell of a lot of noise, and nobody even came to look.. not car alarms went off either.

I liked the cribs mockery, the dude with his golden trolley and his "puffy ain't got art like I got art". The tooth extraction was amusing, and he seemed happy enough to get rid of the teeth so it doesn't bother me.

the crack head diving in the swimming pool was ****ing hilarious, as was the "bum hunter" bit.. but i did feel a little bad for the poor buggers they tied up and threw around. Also the bit where one of the bums they had in the car made them stop the car, and he ran up to some girl and knicked her handbag.. amusingly enough he didn't actually get anything of any worth.. gotta feel for the poor girl though, she mustn't have been best pleased.

i won't bother downloading number 3, but I'm sure I know someone who will and I'll probably end up seeing it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

i saw 1 and 2, with 2 being the better.
    the cribs part was really funny and there is no harm being done there, i was in stiches.

Bling bling and rufus the stunt bum are now world famous because of this, so fair play to them.
    the bumhunter is also gas.

but parts of it just go to far, but i will be downloading part 3.

bumfights 3 28-10-2004 22:07 Tusky you are scum.

LooooooL

• Advertisement

i have to admit i did think it was kind of funny when i was younger
    but now i think what they do to the poor bums is just so wrong :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Roofus seems to love that ****, and that Bling bling is a crazy ass niga.. the only bit i don't agree with is the Bum Hunter, its a bit out of order doing **** to the ones that are sleepingm and they ain't even getting payed for it.

Advertisement