Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sapphire and Steel

• 13-07-2001 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone *any* idea where I can pick up a copy of the vid-sets this was released on?

Blackstar have discontinued them, and I really would like to add it to my collection (as long as its not ridiculously expensive).

Has to have been one of the most underappreciated series of all time IMHO. There was even plans for one last series, where they escape the trap at the end of series 6. Never got made, despite thoughts of reviving it as a one-off series or movie a few years ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

One of my childhood favourites. A friend of mine in has a couple of box sets (recently acquired) - I will ask for details.

Funny, I asked lots of mates of around my own age and older if they remember Sapphire and Steel and only one or two did. Good taste Bonkey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kolodny:
    One of my childhood favourites. A friend of mine in has a couple of box sets (recently acquired) - I will ask for details.
    </font>
    Yeah - I passed up the chance to buy them in Virgin about 5 years ago. Kicking myself ever since.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Funny, I asked lots of mates of around my own age and older if they remember Sapphire and Steel and only one or two did. Good taste Bonkey!
    </font>
    Why thank you. I must admit ot not remembering stuff like Randall & Hopkirk, Deceased very well, but S&S was always a smash with me. Maybe cause Joanna Lumley has such a sexy voice smile.gif

jc

Advertisement