Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hugh Grant lol

• 26-10-2004 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Taken form imdb..

British actor Hugh Grant prompted Oprah Winfrey to jump to her pal Julia Roberts' defense on Friday, after he mocked the Oscar-winning actress' "big mouth". Grant appeared on Winfrey's chat show to promote his upcoming movie Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason alongside Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth, when he was asked to share his thoughts on his Notting Hill co-star, Roberts. He quipped, "Very big-mouthed! Literally, physically, she has a very big mouth. It is a very big mouth. When I was kissing her I was aware of a faint echo." As Winfrey stifled her laughter, she said, "She's one of the nicest people I ever met." Grant jokingly hit back, "I wouldn't go that far..." He also poked fun at his other leading ladies, branding Emma Thompson a real-life man and declaring that Julianne Moore hates him. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I hate Hugh Grant. I can't stand any movie with him in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Not mad about him meself but fair play to him for saying what he thinks. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow...

I want 6 seconds of my life back, plus an aditional 20 seconds for damages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I hated him in Four Weddings and a Funeral.. and pretty much everything he was in since.. except in About a Boy, which I must admit I really liked! He looks like a **** and he sounds like a **** so who's surprised really when he comes out with comments like those!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Irish Angel

I like hte films tho! doesnt matter if it was him or whoever played it but as long as its funny I like it, is that ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah the films he has been in are often ok.. but I don't like him in them!! I dunno he just annoys me :eek: think it's his head!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Brilliant form by Hugh.
    A breath of fresh air unlike the usual crap 'celebrities' spout on about their co stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Agreed. I happen to think he's a legend. Vastly underrated comic timing. Even the more pedestrain movies he's been in have been somewhat saved by his performance (point in note - Two Weeks Notice).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

In fairnes, Julia Roberts does have a big mouth. Doubtless on her CV as a struggling actress it was listed as "winning smile" but it's a big mouth she has.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My opinion of him changed irrevocably for the better after Mickey Blue Eyes. Abotu a Boy kind of ruled also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement